Blind Spot

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
indyrogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Let me start by saying I love my rogue. BUT - has anyone else noticed a problem with the blind spots on both sides? The side rear windows are so small that there is a really significant-sized blind spot on both sides. I realize that you can use the gigantic mirrors to see both sides but I've never driven a car with blind spots this large. I have never had an accident, am 39 years old and put over 10K miles per year on my vehicle, so I am a very safe driver and still I've about run someone off the road twice. I realize it was my own fault, but I swear I have never had to work this hard to change lanes. My last two vehicles were a 2004 altima and a 2002 xterra and I did not have this problem with either of those.

Other than this one thing, I love everything about my rogue. It's awesome. Go nissan.

ALSO - I saw a report today that listed the rogue as one of the top 10 vehicles to retain value over 3 years, I think it was number 9 at 57%.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Welcome to NICOclub's Rogue forum. We're so happy to have you on board. Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you.

You've got an awesome vehicle indyrogue.

Sorry to hear that the blind spots are bothersome for you. They do affect people differently depending on seating position, height, etc...

At least you acknowledge that you have to be careful, and I'm sure you will be very careful. What would be more scary is someone who didn't pay attention to the lack of visibility and got into accidents because of it.

One thing I've learned to do is angle my side view mirrors away from the car. Most people like to see the side of their own car in the side view mirrors. But that perspective doesn't really give you any help with what's behind and to the side of you (ie. your blindspot). I move the mirrors out so that I see straight down the lane to the side of me. More away from my vehicle. That really seems to help me avoid blind spot issues.

Good luck, stay safe, and enjoy that Rogue!!!!

BLPet
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I am only 5'0" and rely on my mirrors!!! I added a blind spot mirror to each side mirror the night I bought the car. Cheap WalMart purchase! Gives me the ability to see quickly what is behind/beside me! Blind spot is not an issue now!

Return to “Rogue Forum”