blind spot mirrors

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

Anybody know of any good sites that sell 2" convex blind spot mirrors? Did some internet searching and can't find anything 'authentic'. I've seen some on people's vehicles. Do they really help? If I were to remove them, will it ruin the mirror finish?

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

i bought mine at target or walmart or something... just go there or a local autoparts store, theyre relatively cheap, and they help a TON... if you get them make sure you put them on the outside, ive seen many of people put them on the inside, mine are on the bottom outside, and they really help, and can help with parking as well.

randyshemin@comcast.
Car: 1971 240Z, 2001 Sentra SE, 2008 Versa SL, 1999 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ

We have the small square convex mirrors on all 4 of our cars. They help alot, and for about $2 at any auto parts store. I mount them as instructed on the lower right closest to the driver's window.

Onyxblue
Car: 1990 300zx n/a, 08 Versa SL, 07 Pathfinder SE, 08 Sentra

Here is a very nice one - I am planning to get 2 of them.http://www.griotsgarage.com/pr...or.do

fjwagner
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S et al

if you set your outside mirrors correctly there is no blind spot. Most people set them too close in so they can enjoy looking at the side of their car. Try this. Put your head on the window while in the driver's seat and adjust your left mirror so you can barely barely see the outside corner of your car. Now put your head in the middle of the car and do the same with your right window. Now test it. Go driving and as a car behind you in either adjacent lane disappears from your rear view mirror, they will appear in your outside mirror. voila! No more blind spot. As taught to me by the Texas Highway Patrol. Will take a little getting used to, but it works. Bottom line, your mirrors need to be set further out so they can actually view the adjacent lanes.

Fred

Vahagn23
Car: NIssan Versa S

zerothread?id=331141

look at the third pick. I picked it up at the carwash.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

How much aerodynamic drag on mpg or airflow noise do those generate? I was thinking of installing convex mirrors more along the lines of the ones that stick to the face of the existing side view mirrors.

fjwagner

if you set your outside mirrors correctly there is no blind spot. Most people set them too close in so they can enjoy looking at the side of their car. Try this. Put your head on the window and adjust your left mirror so you can barely barely see the outside corner of your car. Now put your head in the middle and do the same with your right window. Now test it. Go driving and as a car behind you in either adjacent lane disappears from your rear view mirror, they will appear in your outside mirror. voila! No more blind spot. As taught to me by the Texas Highway Patrol. Will take a little getting used to, but it works. Fred

feloniousmonk

The round convex stick-on ones available at your local auto parts store will work just fine. No need to add appendages to the mirror housing. Stick them to the lower in-board corner of the mirrors, then aim the mirrors outward so that you can barely see your car in the mirror (the flat one, not the one you stick on).

somdamon
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatchback

After reading this post, I decided it was a great idea to get some blind spot mirrors as well. I found that driving on the interstate was unnerving at times when changing lanes to the right. Those d%@n side pillars in the rear really work against one's field of vision.

Anyway, I spent $2.88 for a pair of 2 inch blind spot round mirrors and they work beautifully!! I felt moocho confidence on the highway today.

They are easy to find and any local auto parts store should have a selection to choose from. I believe I will never own a car without them from here on!

Happy SAFE motoring!

Driving Instructor
Car: 2007 nissan versa SL CVT Red

The misconseption is: a blind spot is the car driving beside you that you can't see in your mirrors or peripherial vision......... WRONG!

Yes it is that car but what about the vehicle turning in from a driveway or a road............. he can turn directly into your blind spot and if you don't look over your shoulder, he will drive INTO your blind spot.......

And smaller vehicles like mortocycles, they hide in the blind spots.

Do I think the smaller blind spot mirrors work, YES, it helps you track where the vehicles are..........but remember always check over your shoulder to be 100% sure no one is in your blind spot.......hense the BLIND spot.

sorry...wrong quote...
Modified by Driving Instructor at 8:35 PM 6/12/2008

Driving Instructor

Sorry Feloniousmonk......... wrong quote........ been a long day!

fjwagner

Driving Instructor wrote:
........but remember always check over your shoulder to be 100% sure no one is in your blind spot.......hense the BLIND spot.

as in my previous post, setting your outside mirrors further out than what is typically done all but eliminates the blind spot. This is what defensive driving courses, driving schools, and the Highway patrol are now teaching. Rather than looking over your shoulder, this method just requires a slight glance which does not carry the risk of taking your eyes off the road in front of you to really "look" over your shoulder. See my post above for the method to do so. Fred

Modified by Driving Instructor at 8:35 PM 6/12/2008

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

I always add blind spot mirrors to any car I buy. $2 at any Autozone or parts store.

Additionally, I always do a look over the shoulder check when changing lanes. A good habit from riding motorcycles all these years.

Look in blind spot mirror, no car. Look over shoulder, yep, still no car...change lane.

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

Bubs daddy wrote:I always add blind spot mirrors to any car I buy. $2 at any Autozone or parts store.

Additionally, I always do a look over the shoulder check when changing lanes. A good habit from riding motorcycles all these years.

Look in blind spot mirror, no car. Look over shoulder, yep, still no car...change lane.
nothing more need be said.

Driving Instructor

xtwoonamatchx wrote:
nothing more need be said.
NICE JOB!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”