Blackout FGY33 Cima grille with CUSTOM INFINITI EMBLEM!!!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Wiggler
Car: "WHITE BOYS CLUB"
1999 Wht Toyota Avalon XLS 200k!! (CHUBBS)
1999 Wht Infiniti Q45t 102K (TANK)
2001 Wht Subaru Forester 115k (JUNIOR)
Owner: Funny, BROWN, Bald South Asian

What's up ladies???? Did you miss me?? I've been gone for a while.... but guess what I was working on???

So this is the grille after JDM nissan insignia removed, sanded and primered with usual rust-oleum from HD

This is after I plasti-dipped it, and getting ready for the final touch....

Ta-da!!! "How did I get the emblem?" Local infiniti parts guy told me the smallest emblem he had was 4 inches across.... I was like: "That ain't gonna work" So then I thought maybe a Keychain emblem might work....he goes in the back and comes out with one that's just so happens to be the perfect size to sit where the Nissan logo was.... I just had to clip off the keyring tab and sand it down.... then I epoxied the back two holes where the old Nissan logo support tabs were, and primered over it so that you couldn't see the gaping holes... Then I taped up the recessed part, and went to town with the Plasti-dip.... peeled the tape off after it dried... and gently placed the infiniti emblem to align it.... used a dab of krazy-glue to hold it into place.... and then carefully added epoxy (the one with the self mixing needle attachment...being careful that the top on the grille was as horizontally positioned as possible... and added until there was just enough of a bulge to look stylish without spilling over (If that happens... it's all over... and you gotta order a new grille from Japan) Then just let it dry undisturbed for about 4 days... then just install it. My only gripe is that most epoxies dry with a yellow tinge to it... so the Silver Emblem now looks like a fake, dulll gold color... oh well.... at least it's there... and people will callit an Infiniti when seeing it from the front... and not a "Nissan in front...Infiniti in rear"
Plasti-dip held up surprisingly well at the car wash too.....

Let me know what you guys think (yes, even you MAXWICH).... it definitely looks more agressive now.... I plan to blackout the rear chrome and side molding panel inserts too....

paranoidjack
Car: 2012 M56s
2003 M45
2001 QX4
2000 Q45
1998 Pathy
1996 J30

Nice! Got bigger pics?

Wiggler

Ok PJ, here's some better pics I took today

As I I was taking these pics today I looked at her and said "damn youse a sexy B#!ch"..... :yesnod

BCC93QT
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45

Looking good. Straight original too! I think I still have 2 or 3 cima grille's at the garage if you want to make some more

Wiggler

BCC93QT wrote:Looking good. Straight original too! I think I still have 2 or 3 cima grille's at the garage if you want to make some more
Do you want me to make some for you so you can resell them?? Or you want to just sell me the grilles?? I'm not sure if I can get that Keychain again.... let me ask the Infiniti parts guy if he had a SKU on that thing...
I'm not sure too many people besides PJ and you are interested, seeing as you guys are the only ones who responded....

trajanH
Car: 1997 infiniti Q45T

Im interested! That black looks cool and I want to try "dipped" black look with my black 97 Q45. Just not too expensive or i will do it myself.

Wiggler

trajanH wrote:Im interested! That black looks cool and I want to try "dipped" black look with my black 97 Q45. Just not too expensive or i will do it myself.
You'll probably be better off just doing it on your own... I wanted to originally write a how-to step-by-step with lots of pictures... but I was too far along before I thought of actually sharing it on the forum.... sorry about that...
PM me if you want to know more details...

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”