Black Mesa

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

So, for all us Half Life fans, the mod team behind Black Mesa have finished the first major portion of their mod release for Source.

For anyone who doesn't know what this is, Black Mesa is a fan made re-release of the original Half Life done in the 2007 Source SDK. It looks amazing. I'm up to "We've Got Hostiles" so far, and I have nothing bad to say about the game. The team has done a great job of keeping true to the original game but making it look very updated. They've gone so far as to update the audio recordings by re-recording all the dialogue. I was amazed at how close they've stayed to the original dialogue and inflections.

I recommend anyone who has Steam installed and loved anything Half Life to get the mod.

http://release.blackmesasource.com/

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

They certainly seem to have gotten all the details right. Playing it on Hard and the f*** marines are just as tough as I remember, if not tougher. Too bad Xen isn't available yet.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Of course this finally comes out when I don't have regular access to a PC or solid internet connection. :mad:
s0m3th1ngAZ wrote:They certainly seem to have gotten all the details right. Playing it on Hard and the f**king marines are just as tough as I remember, if not tougher. Too bad Xen isn't available yet.
HL1 on "hard" was HARD. Stuff JUST DIDN'T DIE. Not just the marines, but those EFFING ALIEN CONTROLLERS ARGH. I hate them so much.
Games don't work like that anymore. It's sad.

Return to “Gaming”