Black Leather Seats...with red stitching?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
overcard

We ordered our Rogue with the black leather package and are waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. The dealer didn't have any black leather available on the lot, so we only had the nissan website to go by, which shows an all black seat.

But since then, I've seen photos that show black leather with red stitching. Does anyone know if that red stitching is normal for the black leather? The dealer never mentioned anything about red stitching!

jasonMz3

yes, there is red stitching on the black leather, it is around the edge of the seat. Also, the inner sections of the seat use perforated leather. Behind the perforated sections is some red fabric, can't tell if it is leather or not, but the effect is little red dots on the perforated sections. IMHO, it looks really nice, very sporty.
Modified by jasonMz3 at 9:58 AM 10/24/2007

overcard

Thanks for the quick response!...I guess I'll have to wait and see it in person. Does the red really stand out?

I've seen a few pictures with the leather against the orange and red exterior and it looks good...I'm just worried it might look weird with a gotham gray exterior.

jasonMz3

it doesn't stand out nearly as much as the black w/ red cloth does. It still looks like a black interior, but when you look closely, you can see the red. I have driven a Gotham gray one with the black/red leather and it looked great. Too bad my fiance wants a purple, um... i mean iridium graphite, rogue.....

overcard

Thanks!..I'm starting to feel a little better about this. I was getting worried that it would look a little weird and I know that wouldn't fly with my wife.

KL

Cmon now, I know some are married, but lets leave the rogue for the boys. I know there will be a few women drivers out there, but lets not turn this machine into a soccer moms crossover. I can't drive 1 mile without seeing a middle age woman in a CRV with a soccer ball sticker on the back. Girls shouldnt get to choose colors, heh heh.

/prepares to get angry responses.

jasonMz3

I fully agree, but the rogue will be her car. I already have my black on black Mazda3. Instead of a soccer sticker, there will be 2 boxers crammed in the back of this rogue growling and barking at other drivers.

rogueleader1
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

KL wrote:Cmon now, I know some are married, but lets leave the rogue for the boys. I know there will be a few women drivers out there, but lets not turn this machine into a soccer moms crossover. I can't drive 1 mile without seeing a middle age woman in a CRV with a soccer ball sticker on the back. Girls shouldnt get to choose colors, heh heh.

Sorry, our Rogue belongs to my wife too. (I drive a Jeep)She's no soccer mom (not since our youngest graduated collegelast year) either.

She so wanted the Iridium Graphite but after seeing it in person Ikinda convinced her to chose the Gotham Gray.

RL1

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

KL wrote:Cmon now, I know some are married, but lets leave the rogue for the boys. I know there will be a few women drivers out there, but lets not turn this machine into a soccer moms crossover. I can't drive 1 mile without seeing a middle age woman in a CRV with a soccer ball sticker on the back. Girls shouldnt get to choose colors, heh heh.

i think if the red stitching on black leather is very visible, nissan is dumb for not offering all ALL BLACK seat. i would have got black on black if the iridium graphite color didn't strike me so well. my rogue wont be here until december anyway. i had to special order it from the factory and i'm going to be livid if my black leather seats are not all black. i also would have got black if i knew there was red stitching on the black leather seats.. or red.

PS- it's a COMPACT CROSSOVER, BOYS. get an xterra if you plan on being so 'manly'.

does anyone have any of these photos of the black leather interior?i'm going to cancel my order if i dont like the seats. yes, i'm picky. whatever. i ordered the car to get what i want, not anything different.

Black_Hawk
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Gotham Grey

I am 99% positive that the leather only comes in black with red stitching, or the all gray. All black is available in cloth only. Check out the fully loaded orange rogue post for a good shot of the black leather interior.

jsellberg

Black_Hawk wrote:I am 99% positive that the leather only comes in black with red stitching, or the all gray. All black is available in cloth only. Check out the fully loaded orange rogue post for a good shot of the black leather interior.
Yeah.. I just saw it. I wonder if I can change my order now. Eugh. This is so frustrating. The website should have descriptions of it or whatever. Or the stupid *** dealership should have said something. It's also annoying how with the black interior, the black only goes halfway up the side? Then it has a gray roof/upperside? I am livid and on the phone with the fleet manager at my dealership.

jasonMz3

why are you ordering one, right now there are 2 Iridium graphite ones in your area with leather. One at Stevens Creek Nissan and the other at Captial Nissan. Nissan's website shows that they have cloth in the initial search, but the price ~$27,600 means they have to have leather, and when you click on the "details" link, it says leather package. Both probably have gray leather. We are getting an Iridium Graphite with the black leather and there were only 2 in the entire eastern half of the US. From looking around for a few weeks, the gray leather in Iridium graphite outnumber the black leather 10 to 1 or more.

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

Everything is personal taste - we got black leather and the wife and I both love it. The black leather is perforated and the perforations are red-tinged, so it matches the stitching.

I would do a search on NissanUSA or call around to find a dealer with a black leather Rogue, and visit them to see it in person. With so many dealers in NorCal, it should be easy to find one fairly close to you. You definitely want to see the individual components (exterior colors, interior colors, seats, etc.) in person before requesting a dealer trade or special order.

rogue871
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Prem Pkg, Moonroof, Iridium Graphite, w/Black Leather

I have the Iridium Graphite with Black leather. Black is definitely the predominate color and in my opinion the slight red highlight is a cool touch. All the literature I have seen shows the red highlights in the black leather.

jsellberg

jasonMz3 wrote:why are you ordering one, right now there are 2 Iridium graphite ones in your area with leather. One at Stevens Creek Nissan and the other at Captial Nissan. Nissan's website shows that they have cloth in the initial search, but the price ~$27,600 means they have to have leather, and when you click on the "details" link, it says leather package. Both probably have gray leather. We are getting an Iridium Graphite with the black leather and there were only 2 in the entire eastern half of the US. From looking around for a few weeks, the gray leather in Iridium graphite outnumber the black leather 10 to 1 or more.
because i ordered iridium graphite with black leather and no one had any when i ordered it. i ordered it from stevens creek and they didnt say a word about having any iridium graphite with gray leather.

also they said its too late to change my order its already being built blah blah. im ready to murder someone.

jsellberg

rogue871 wrote:I have the Iridium Graphite with Black leather. Black is definitely the predominate color and in my opinion the slight red highlight is a cool touch. All the literature I have seen shows the red highlights in the black leather.
did you post pictures of it? may i request a picture of the seat with the door open (so you can see the paint/leather in the same pic) ?

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

Gee, I got the black leather because of the red stitching I think it looks great so does everyone who looks at it

gazuccio

The red stitching is a non issue its hardly noticeable so don't worry everyone. I have the white with the black interior and it looks awesome. Don't panic it actually softens it a bit. There is an orange light (moodlight) that is on at night to lighten the cup holders. So don't panic it looks great!!! You will love it!

originalstarlite

gazuccio wrote:The red stitching is a non issue its hardly noticeable so don't worry everyone. I have the white with the black interior and it looks awesome. Don't panic it actually softens it a bit. There is an orange light (moodlight) that is on at night to lighten the cup holders. So don't panic it looks great!!! You will love it!
Your cup holders are lit? My aren't and I could not find a word in the manual about "mood lighting". Could you please elaberabe?

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

originalstarlite wrote:Your cup holders are lit? My aren't and I could not find a word in the manual about "mood lighting". Could you please elaberabe?
There is a small orange LED light in the roof console near the sunroof controls that shines down on the cupholder/gearshift area when the headlights are on. Not sure if it's on SL only, etc...

dward
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Believe the orange light is for Bluetooth. It stays on until the car finds a paired Bluetooth device and then it goes off.

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

dward wrote:Believe the orange light is for Bluetooth. It stays on until the car finds a paired Bluetooth device and then it goes off.
You must be thinking of something else... the orange light is definitely designed to light up the lower console area from above; not a Bluetooth feature.

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

The small orange light is located next to the passenger's map light.

Page 2-45 in our owner's manual:

"The light [4] (if so equipped) will illuminate when the headlight switch is turned to the [parking light] or [full headlight] position."

jsellberg

It's just not my cup of tea. Looks cheap to me. I'm OCD when it comes to colors (comes with being an artist). Saw it in person at the dealership and it's just not hitting it off right with me. Had to reorder my car too. Now it won't be here until like the end of January.

babbot
Car: Rogue SL AWD Silver

I was a little surprised when I first saw the red stitching on the black leather seats, and thought I was going to hate it. It's actually done in a pretty low key way, and I don't even notice it unless I'm really staring at it (which I only did when I was shopping for the car). I've got a silver Rogue, and it blends nicely and does give a bit of a sporty feel, even though I didn't think I'd like it.

At night, it's not noticeable at all, since the interior lighting is all in that orange color.

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

One reason we didn't get leather. I'm not a big fan of red and I purchased a leather upholstery kit for my F-150 when we bought and I'll do it again with the Rogue.. It's not that hard to change the upholstery now adays. I got the kit for $650 and that was for much bigger seats. The kit isn't available yet, but I'm sure it will be in the near future.

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Etch wrote: I'm not a big fan of red
Then you must be a real fan of the dashboard lighting.

I actually like the red and black. It matches the lighting and breaks up the large expanse of red. Now if only the weather up here would settle down for a while, I might just get to drive it.

I also have 25 years in Commercial Art and then became a Software Engineer.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Etch wrote:One reason we didn't get leather. I'm not a big fan of red and I purchased a leather upholstery kit for my F-150 when we bought and I'll do it again with the Rogue.. It's not that hard to change the upholstery now adays. I got the kit for $650 and that was for much bigger seats. The kit isn't available yet, but I'm sure it will be in the near future.
Be sure and keep us posted if you do a DIY leather package on your Rogue. I might be interested.

Etch

websfear wrote:
Then you must be a real fan of the dashboard lighting.

I actually like the red and black. It matches the lighting and breaks up the large expanse of red. Now if only the weather up here would settle down for a while, I might just get to drive it.

I also have 25 years in Commercial Art and then became a Software Engineer.
The dash lights are orange, which I like. Haven't seen too many car with red dash lights except Pontiac.

Etch

Ticmxman wrote:
Be sure and keep us posted if you do a DIY leather package on your Rogue. I might be interested.
Will do. I have done it on my F-150 and my 98 Mustang. It's not really hard. The hardest part is taking the seats out, which isn't that hard, just time consuming.

Return to “Rogue Forum”