Black Greasy Dust Everywhere

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Cowboys Fan 87

Just curious if anyone else had this problem...my car was detailed by the dealer when I bought it . They didn't do a really good job. One thing I noticed was that there was a fine grease everywhere (dash, wheels, door posts) and that it had to have came from the mfg plant (there is a big black greasy foot print under both front seats, staining the carpet) Also, all of the 'snap in' panels had greasy finger prints. Also, inside the glove box was a fine powdery grease that made a real mess when I tried to clean it out. The dealer has offered to re-detail the entire car, but I just wondered if anyone else had any similar experiences with their new Versa.

landonb16

nope, that does suck man... I would take them up on that and get it cleaned

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

no my car seemed like it was just very badly washed at the dealer when i bought it, no grease. but i did take it to the car wash the next day.

ducatinova

demand that they clean it. Sounds like the guy at the Mexican plant had a leaking air hose on an air powered tool. Aerosolized oil was sprayed all over. It should have never left the plant that way.

Cowboys Fan 87

While I had the car back at the dealer (850 miles on the car) for the TPMS problem (see zerothread/190836 for all the fun there...) I had them re-detail the entire car....anyway, they couldn't get all of the grease out of the carpet and they told me I had the option to bring it back where they would replace the carpet, but that they had no time frame on how long it would take. The guy also said, since its under the seat, I'd be better off just leaving it, rather than have the nearly everything bolted down removed from the car to change the carpet. So, (if you have seen the Jim Carrey movie LIAR, LIAR) I'm just going to 'take it' and move on with my life....

No one else in the thread has had this problem, but just as a word of caution, run you hand across the Dash and inside the glove box, and look under the seat before you sign on the dotted line...

Return to “Versa General Chat”