Black EX Window tints

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
jmacka1

Just purchased a new, Black 2008 EX. Want to put some window tints on. Anyone have pics of tint jobs they've had done?

Looking for some visual input, show off your rides.

Thanks.

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Welcome to Nico.

If your EX is black, dark tint looks really good on black cars. So do chrome (shiny) wheels.

Someone will be along with some tint pictures pretty soon.

Glad you found us.

Fishman1421
Car: Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey - Black Obsidian w/ Graphite Leather/ Black Lacquer with Aluminum

I have a Black EX with 15% tints on all windows and a tint bar on the windshield...i think it looks sick, but it is my car...ill post some pics soon...i am also thinking about having the stock rims dipped to be chrome like the rest of the car...but i haven't yet found a place to do it or gotten a price yet...
Modified by Fishman1421 at 12:28 PM 7/22/2008

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Fishman1421 wrote:I have a Black EX with 15% tints on all windows and a tint bar on the windshieldModified by Fishman1421 at 12:28 PM 7/22/2008
Does the tint bar on the windshield interfere with the LDW/LDP (or do you not have that package on yours)?

Just wondering, because I'll be adding aftermarket tint on mine soon.

Thanks!David

Riker2k
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

I'm really interested in this as well. I have the LDW/LDP options on my car and was wondering the exact same thing.

David, I'd be interested in where you're shopping for the tint in Ottawa. I'll let you know what kind of numbers I get for mine too!

Cheers,

Colin

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Riker2k wrote:David, I'd be interested in where you're shopping for the tint in Ottawa. I'll let you know what kind of numbers I get for mine too!
Sure thing, Colin, though I haven't actually done any serious tint shopping as yet. A friend recommended Goldwing on Colonnade, saying they do a good job. I emailed them several weeks ago and have received no word back at all, but I guess not everyone is as tech-savvy as we are!

Anyway, I'll be in touch when I do make some progress. In fact, I'm afraid I'll be leaving town tomorrow for cottage country (sans Internet) for a week, but I'll look in earnest when I return.

Cheers,David

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

My backs are 20%, fronts 50%... If I were to do it again, I'd tint my backs even darker...would love darker on my fronts, but don't really want to roll down my windows every time I see a cop (not so legal in CA)

ksp205
Car: Infiniti EX AWD Journey (Prem, Nav, Tech, Luxe Style)

I've been meaning to post. We got the car at the end of May. Black exterior, chestnut interior. Fully loaded (sans luxe elite). For the benefit of anyone else in eastern Mass, I did the tint job with Tint King in Billerica. 35% all around (legal limit in MA). Color stable film. $250 for the job. I think they did a great job.

These pics were taken a couple days after the tint job. Hard to see the tint job b/c it was a really sunny day. Car was a little dirty at the time (we had a long pollen season in new england this year). I've since zaino'd the car. It looks amazing. I'll re-post when the weather clears up.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

ksp205

oops. first time. here's another try:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Frenchie
Car: EX 35

What a nice car you have !

Exactly the same as mine

Frenchie

nghivdo
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey, Premium, Luxe Style, NAV, Black Obsidian, Graphite Leather

ksp205 wrote:.These pics were taken a couple days after the tint job. Hard to see the tint job b/c it was a really sunny day. Car was a little dirty at the time (we had a long pollen season in new england this year). I've since zaino'd the car. It looks amazing. I'll re-post when the weather clears up.
OMG... That's DIRTY???!!? I almost forgot that I was checking out the tint job, cause my eyes were so distracted by all the shiny-ness, especially in shot #3! Now it's even shinier???

aft981
Car: Infiniti EX35

I have exactly the same car too. Black/chestnut with 18" wheels.

Got mine tinted a couple weeks ago, 15 at the back and 35 on the front two windows. I'll post a few pics shortly.

ksp205

here are some more pics. i took these at dusk, so i think you can get a better sense of the 35% tint. it definitely could be darker, and you could probably get away with 20% and 15% on the rears no matter what state you're in. but i like the 35%, and i like the fact that it's even all the way around.

for you zaino people -- these pics are taken after a regular car wash with z-7 and one coat each of z-6 and z-8. the car has two coats of z-2 and one coat of z-5.

[IMG]

[/IMG]

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”