black chrome emblems

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
ashleyyz
Car: 07 altima

i want to paint my emblems on my nissan a chrome black..
anyone have any reccomendations on how to go about it?
(ie, paint to use..getting them off..putting them back on)
thanks!

jake7
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

To take them off just use some fishing line and "saw" them off. They are just held on with 3m tape and the fishing line will cut through it...(just have enough line bc it will break) I then soaked a rag ni goo gone and then dabbed the tape left on the car and let it soak in for a minute or two then just worked the tape off with my thumb. Once all the tape is off the car you can clean it up with whatever waxes/polishes you have. Krylon paint for plastics seems to work really well. Just give the emblems a descent sanding (wet sand probably best) then give them a few coats and then clear coat them...I know some ppl that have just used VHT nightshades to paint them....to put them back on just buy some 3M tape from the auto store. clean the back of them emblem and the spot you want to put it on the car (i usually dab some alcohol where i'm goign to stick something on) then just put it back on the car...GL

Return to “Detailing Forum”