BIZARRE SOUND.....SEEMS LIKE THE WINDOW

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
ducknormus

Has any one of you ever faced this issue? When I drive my Versa at neighborhood streets/not so smooth roads, I get an irritating noise from the right side of the car. It very closely resembles a window glass or an unshut door kinda noise. I am not sure where it is coming from or what exactly it might be. I checked the seats to see if they are locked and what not. I suspect it has something to do with the window tint that was put on it.....I might test it a few more times with windows rolled down to see where the problem emanates from. Any input on this would be appreciated.

storyr
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

When they tint, they loosen the door panels (or take them completely off). Check to make sure everything is snapped back into place.

I noticed a noise in mine over bumpy roads. It sounds like it's coming from the right rear. I thought maybe it was the cargo cover, so yesterday I put a little felt on the panels where it rests. It seems to be OK, but it usually takes a couple of days to tell...

Kegard
Car: 1.8SL CVT

I'm getting the same buzzing sound. Sounds like it's coming from the right rear too. Anyone sit back there while the car is moving and able to isolate the sound?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Someone else reported that their jack was a little loose in the trunk, and that adjusting the jack made a similar noise go away... have you tried that?

Kegard
Car: 1.8SL CVT

I hadn't thought about that but I'll give it a try. Seems like it's coming from the rear passenger door, though. If my dealer wasn't an hour away I would have taken it in already!

Return to “Versa General Chat”