Bird droppings- HELP!

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
rubystar88
Car: EX 35

Our birds must have highly "acidic" droppings here in California...each time a bird "drops" on my new dark currant EX35, a "scar" is left. I have tried Mother's Clay bar but that didn't touch it.

The dealer put a good coat of carnuba on before I brought my car home and that is the only thing on it at this point.How do I remedy the "scar" and what product can I apply to help protect my obviously "sensitive paint"?

Thanks in advance for your expertise and advise .

PrinzII

Unfortunately, acidic bird crap is not limited to CA. Nevertheless, you will need to find out how deep the defect is before polishing it. If it's not too deep, you can polish it out with a decent polish.

As for protection, I highly recommend a good sealant to add a layer of protection to the paint.

rubystar88
Car: EX 35

Thanks PrinzII , polish didn't help, clay didn't correct it, 3m swirl remover didn't work either...what are my other options?Thanks.

CakeDaddy
Car: Y34,Pathfinder SE, Mercedes CLK500AMG Sport Pkg & A Fleet of Premium Avis Rental Cars

rubystar88 wrote:Thanks PrinzII , polish didn't help, clay didn't correct it, 3m swirl remover didn't work either...what are my other options?Thanks.
Darker cars seem to take a beating from bird sheit. I've seen this before and unfortunately it is going to be tough, especially if it’s under the clear coat. On a hot summer day bird crap will eat through your clear coat in a matter of minutes, especially if the car has been baking in the sun. This happened to a friend of mines Black 997 Porsche (sp) He had the entire front trunk lid repainted due to this The stain was the size of a music CD and prior to him repainting we tried everything from a 1200 grit compound, polish, color wax, etc... , but to no avail.

Return to “Detailing Forum”