Bird droppings and dead bug stains

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

So lately, my 2016 Nissan Rogue has been going all over Central Florida for a while and accumulating a bunch of bird droppings and dead bugs. However, each time I wash the car, the front grill won't go clean, even when I am using all my strength and power to get those stains off (I tend to have an OCD for keeping all the cars that we own clean). I am not sure what I should use to remove all the stains from the front bumper as it is a PITA to clean. Also, I do not like to consistently have the water running while I scrub the stain off with the car wash soap w/ wax solution. Any recommendations on which products to use and any step-by-step instructions on how to do it? The exterior color is the attractive Artic Blue Metallic..

All tips and help is much appreciated :woot: :wavey: :dblthumb:

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I remember a promo at the race track for some stuff in a can. Sprayed on like paint, then wiped off with all the bug and bird poo. Looked like new afterwards, but I don't recall the name. It was an aerosol, not pump spray. A little search on Google and FW1 looks closest to what I remember. I let the guy clean a test patch on my front bumper and it was impressive.

Thorshammer
Car: FX35

If you put wax on your car the acid in bird crap will eat through it, wax comes from trees and birds eat the seeds and produce acid strong enough to digest them. this acidic compound will eat into wax naturally. You need to use a non wax product, Personally I recommend VaporWax APC is not a wax so it is not effected by the acid in bird crap. It is a atomized vapor you spray on and wipe into the paint, the bird crap washes right off with clear water without leaving a trace, no matter how long it sits.[url][http://www.ibc34.com/VaporWax.html/url]

Return to “Detailing Forum”