Bike rack?

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
mrnix
Car: Currently 2012 M37X, Malbec Black
Formerly 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Wife has a 2014 QX60 and we are looking to add a way to carry a bicycle. We don't have a trailer hitch, but could theoretically add one. First we were looking for some sort of trunk-mounted rack that doesn't require a hitch. Anyone have anything that fits the bill? I appreciate any suggestions or insight. Thanks.

bigbulllee
Car: M35
JX35

If you are using the bike frequently, hitch rack is the way to go. SUV is too high For roof rack IMO and the tied-down type tail rack is just too risky and inconvenient. I installed a non-OEM hitch rack by myself ( never worked on car before this) with very detailed installation video from the rack manufacturer. Very happy with it! You can ask a local shop to do the work also, the hitch is about $100 and installation could be another $100.

bigbulllee
Car: M35
JX35

BTW, I used Curt trailer hitch, the video is so detail that you can't go wrong. Just make sure the socket size is accurate for each bolt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTYji21womg

I didn't need to jack up the SUV. Only one bolt is tight that needed a impact wrench to loosen it. 2 hours job for a newbie.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”