Bike rack

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
canprev

Does anyone know if there are any bike racks that can be put on the roof of the G35 Coupe? How about a ski rack? Thanks.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

As far as I can tell, there are no roof rack systems available for the coupe. Without a roof rack system, you couldn't mount a roof mounted bike rack attachment. You might be able to mount a universal rack, but I tend to stay away from those unless I really don't care much about the car.

You might consider a rear mounted system. A trailer receiver on a coupe might be a bit ugly but would allow a hitch mounted system. Check out our sponsors to see if any might have one. If not, a quick search on the internet should give you some matches. Then you can choose a hitch mounted one. Though most of the hitches I've found require some level or rear bumper trimming.

An interesting find I made was also this product:

http://www.birdautomotive.com/...5.htm

I'd probably try and contact them for more photos as the ones on their site are not very clear, but it could deserve some merit. Uses it's own receiver design and not as universal as a hitch, but may serve your purposes as it carries bikes and skis if you get the proper attachments. The design kind of hybrids between a receiver system and a trunk mounted system. Doesn't look like it requires any cutting or trimming.

Whatever you decide, stay away from cheap designs. I've been looking into the possibility of a bike rack myself as I've been biking lately, and I've heard of many nightmare stories with some of the cheaper racks.

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

I've been into biking for years and have had multiple racks. The G35 can't handle a roof rack. Too short on top. Thule and Yamima, the two main bike rack makers, don't have a roof solution for the G35 coupe.

You'd have to get a hitch rack or one that attached to you trunk. The trunk racks are a pain for putting on and taking off. The hitch deal means you're looking at putting a hitch on your car which could take away from the sweetness of the G35 coupe.

The G35 sedan can have a roof system though. Hope that helps even though it's not what you wanted to hear.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I've had the same issue. Before I had my Jeep it was a pain trying to take my bike anywhere. I had a trunk mount rack that I used, but it was such a pain to put on and make sure that I didn't scratch up the paint on the car.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”