Big 12 South Headed for a 3-way tie! What do you think the BCS will do?

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

With OU, Texas, and Texas Tech likely ending their seasons with 1 Loss, the BCS system as usual has been thrown into controversy, but a little earlier than usual. Interestingly enough in the Big 12 conference the BCS rankings at the end of conference play determine the victor of the Big 12 South or North in the event of a tie. Here's where things get hairy, with the obliteration of Texas Tech in Norman (I was there, helluva game) Texas took the #2 spot in the BCS polls but barely edging out #3 OU (IIRC it was by .0028). This week represents and interesting week for many many reasons. Firstly, the winner of the Big 12 will likely play in the national championship in Florida. This is unique because with a 3 way tie, each team has ideal scenarios. Coming into this week Texas is royally screwed, coming off a by-week and playing a Nobody Texas A&M team is likely to gain Texas almost no points. Texas doesn't want OU to beat #12 OSU because the points OU gains by beating 2 ranked teams in a row will likely cause OU to leapfrog Texas, automatically winning OU the Big 12 South spot BUT, Texas does want OU to beat OSU because if OU loses the comparison will be between Texas and Texas Tech and Tech won their head to head matchup and Texas Tech will win the Big 12 south. Texas can only hope that the BCS polls will hold them over OU in the event of an OU victory over OSU. Things get hairier from there trust me, OU has to hope and pray that their steamrolling of Texas Tech doesn't make Tech drop the ball against Baylor this weekend because that will put the consideration only between OU and TExas and Texas beat OU head to head on a neutral field. Lastly Texas Tech has to hope Texas beats Texas A&M (who has beaten Texas 2 times in a row) because if Texas loses, the consideration will be between OU and Texas Tech and OU beat Tech head to head. Needless to say this will be an interesting week in College Football. The Big 12 south can go to anyone this week and That makes it so damn exciting! Discuss!

RCA

Well by now we know qhat they plan on doing but I dont agree with it one bit.

Texas beat OU so its fair to say Texas should be moving on...ALTHOUGH I do feel that OU is the better team...

redtop91

rcabrita wrote:Well by now we know qhat they plan on doing but I dont agree with it one bit.

Texas beat OU so its fair to say Texas should be moving on...ALTHOUGH I do feel that OU is the better team...
Using that logic would eliminate Texas as well because Texas Tech Beat Texas which is why the BCS acted the way they did. There is no fair way to consider it really.

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

Just one more reason why they should get rid of the BCS and adopt a more formal championship series. I'm sure it would be kinda difficult to set up with all the teams, but I cant imagine any sort of championship that would run worse and make less sense than the BCS.

redtop91

In this case it wasn't so much the BCS system but the Big 12 Championship system. Because it has to be a big 12 north team vs. a Big 12 south team Texas and Texas Tech got overlooked in favor of Mizzou who happens to be total garbage.

Return to “The Sports Bar”