BG-44K

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Teknic73

Just ordered some BG-44K and wanted to know exactly how to use this stuff. is it the same as any othe fuel injector cleaner?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Teknic73 wrote:Just ordered some BG-44K and wanted to know exactly how to use this stuff. is it the same as any othe fuel injector cleaner?
Sorta, but a lot stronger. One 11 ounce can is designed for approximately 10 gallons of gas, but this is not totally critical.

Best thing to do is let your car drop down to fairly low on gas, go to the gas station, put the can contents into the gas tank, and then fill to a bit more than half a tank (approx 10 to 11 gallons on a typical M) right there at the station.

Then drive the car a lot ... ideally with some revving - go for a long trip if you can. Let the car get close to empty before you refill. Don't let the BG-44K sit in the car for too long, but this ain't really critical per se ... if you refill within a few days, it will be fine!

You can repeat the 11 ounce can treatment once more immediately if you don't see any improvement, but then it is best to wait for some time (like 3000 miles or the next oil change) before doing more. If an immediate second treatment does not cure engine stumbling ills, then a professional full injector rail flush might be needed (just make sure they don't just do another BG-44K treatment and let it go at that - ask for a rail flush! ).

Be warned: You will need a clean funnel with a long bottom section that goes into the gas tank (what the heck is this lower section of a funnel called?)! The darn cans simply can't be poured into the tank easily otherwise - if the wide section of the funnel is not properly angled in, the dang liquid pours out of the funnel! ! And it is probably best not to get it onto the paint down the side of the car.

Z

Teknic73

^^^ WOW thanks for all the info! you always come through

any recomendations on the funnel?

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I use a funnel that's got a flexible rubber tube section between the bowl and bottom part. Makes things a lot easier.

szh

Teknic73 wrote:^^^ WOW thanks for all the info! you always come through
Always glad to help if and when I can. That is what NICO is all about!
Teknic73 wrote:Any recommendations on the funnel?
I guess the lower section of the funnel is simply called a "tube". Not surprising, I suppose.

MoD makes an excellent suggestion ... you can get funnels with a flexible rubber tube, or a flexible rubber tube section in it.

I have one with a very long tube (albeit not flexible), so that I can tilt the funnel up quite a bit and make it work, but a flexible one would be way better!

Z

Teknic73

like the one you would use to change tranny fluid with?

szh

Teknic73 wrote:like the one you would use to change tranny fluid with?
That should work!

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

you dont want to "up" the concentration with 44k... Its MUCH better to run it with a full tank of gas for 400 miles than with a half tank for 200 miles...

like Z said its best to use it on a long trip... thats how ive found the best results.

szh

elwesso wrote:you dont want to "up" the concentration with 44k... Its MUCH better to run it with a full tank of gas for 400 miles than with a half tank for 200 miles...
A good point. But I based my recommendation on the mixture that they recommend on the can: One 11oz can to 10 or 11 gallons of gas. Hence, the "bit more than half tank" advice for an M45 or Q45 .
elwesso wrote:like Z said its best to use it on a long trip... thats how ive found the best results.
Yeah ... must be that continuous cleaning action that helps more.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”