Beware Tampa Infiniti

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
Rondog
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible

I live in Orlando but bought my G37 convertible in Tampa because they were able to get the midnight garnet with everything. I was promised nitrogen and wheel locks for free by Ron Silver, the internet sales manager. I got the wheel locks but no key. I called him and was invited back to pick up the keys, but they are 100 miles from my home. He did not offer to mail them. I eventually complained to Infiniti USA who called the dealership and got me in contact with Pam, the sales manager. She said she would call me back the next day to get my address. Of course, no phone call. All of the dealerships have universal keys, but I am worried if I have a flat and am not near a dealer. So much for service.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Yet another sales department fail.

I love the post sale support offered by many places. Many salesman fail at this aspect of their job and so very often the guys in service get a bad reputation.

However I am left wondering if in the event of a flat would you be able to change the tire? Or does your car come with only the inflater kit?

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

All new Infiniti's have free roadside assistance...you should have received the number when you bought the car.

Sorry your experence has been crappy so far...hopefully the car will make it all better! They really don't go to the dealership that often anyway

Rondog

I have the assistance number, but I like to be self-sufficient and not have to count on Infinti. I feel like I am being held hostage - use their service or else... What happens when it's time to get new tires????

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

You should definetly have the key to your locks.

However what Joe and I were merely trying to do is put a more positive spin on this. Don't trust you convertible to just anyone, they deserve better.

You are owed a key and you should not let the salesman forget about you and what he failed to provide you with. If you need to go to his boss or his bosses boss so be it. Email is a great way to get things moving and keep a time stamped copy of everything.

Rondog

Been to the salesman and the sales manager. I guess it's time to try the general manager. I am really disappointed that Infiniti USA has done nothing. I emailed and called them and all they did was call the dealership and got someone on the phone for me. No followup from them. They got their money so WTF.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

Man I am getting frustrated to with you on this....time for a cold one.

Idiot salesman ruin the reputation of many decent products. However a call to Consumer Affairs about this would get some results.

Infiniti Consumer AffairsP.O. Box 685003Franklin TN 37068-5003800.662.62008:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time / Pacific TimeMonday through Friday

Calling and opening a file with them is the way to go if you are not getting a satisafactory experience. CA will generate a file and contact the manager and do what is right. There is no excuse for poor customer service.

Rondog

I did that over two weeks ago. Their email response was "Thank you for contacting Infiniti and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

We suggest you contact or visit your closest Infiniti dealership and speak with the Parts department. Unfortunately, Infiniti does not have the capability to order components. We apologize for the inconvenience however your dealership is in the best position to assist with your request as they have access to inventory.

File number #6732187 has been created to document this concern. Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-662-6200 (Infiniti Division) with any questions or comments.

Sincerely,

Infiniti" I called them and told them I was not happy with their response. They then called the dealership and hooked me up to a guy who gave me the sales manager's name. I called her later, told her what had happened up til now. She said she would call me back the next day to get my shipping address. Guess what? No Call.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

Damn you have found the void in the space time contuium in the Infiniti chain. There is a significant disconnect between dealer (principal) and corporate. Sometimes they share different goals.

I am going to see if I can locate the contact information for some of the regional Infiniti reps that may be able to get this simple sounding complaint resolved.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

SteveTheTech wrote:Damn you have found the void in the space time contuium in the Infiniti chain. There is a significant disconnect between dealer (principal) and corporate. Sometimes they share different goals.

I am going to see if I can locate the contact information for some of the regional Infiniti reps that may be able to get this simple sounding complaint resolved.
Wow..good on you Steve!

As for your situation Rondog... that dispicable what they are doing

I sincerely hope it gets resolved...and soon!

Rondog

Another update - I got a request from Infiniti Consumer Affairs - they wanted to know how their complaint resolution process had satisfied my complaint. I told them it was totally unsatisfactory. No reply. Anybody want to buy a loaded midnight garnet convertible?

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”