best way to mount an ls1

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
migsk8
Car: 240sx

ok so i've searched for a lil bit and im not welder, but i wanted to know the best way or the best possible way i could go with mounting the ls1 in a 97-98 240sx. i've seen mounts been changed, changing to r33 crossmembers and what not. but which one provides the most clearance and stability? what about the ones that are made by shops ? hinsonsupercars? sikky?

p.s. SOMEONE SELL ME THEIR MOUNTS!

migsk8

you serious !? nobody ?

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

I would stay away from the Hinson mounts, but Sikky looks to be a nice option.

There are universal mounts sold for under $100 on carshopinc.com that can be modified to work and seems to be the most popular option.

migsk8

cnichols wrote:I would stay away from the Hinson mounts, but Sikky looks to be a nice option.

There are universal mounts sold for under $100 on carshopinc.com that can be modified to work and seems to be the most popular option.
what do you mean by can be modified to work ? you know im no welder =/

michaelmontuori
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx SR

just stick to sr? rb?

michaelmontuori
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx SR

then again, ls1, 240sx sick

cnichols

migsk8 wrote:what do you mean by can be modified to work ? you know im no welder =/
Just have an auto shop/ machine shop do it for you....or might as well learn now. :D

migsk8

HOYL CRAP !!!!! im still confused =/ ok so i was looking at all the ways to mount a damn ls1 and this is what i have came up with so far.1) hinson super car- their mounts suck i herd but they use the gto oil pan atleast 2) daft innovations- $2500 for the complete kit, from wiring to engine mounts, but it doesn't include the oil pan 3)ebay mounts- i can't weld, and if i buy mounts and mout the motor, wtf am i gonna use to mount the tranny ?daft idea sounds good, its just a matter of how much time i gotta put on that street corner to earn those 2500, unless someone has a cheaper idea =/ . you know what i need. i need someone to crash their lsx 240 and ill buy all the mounts and repositioning crap off of them :] . but hope they make it out alright lol

migsk8

michaelmontuori wrote:just stick to sr? rb?
you're nuts haha, its an all motor practically stock engine that puts out 400hp, with 25mpg, and all you have to do is change the oil. good enough reason ?

migsk8

migsk8 wrote:HOYL CRAP !!!!! im still confused =/ ok so i was looking at all the ways to mount a damn ls1 and this is what i have came up with so far.1) hinson super car- their mounts suck i herd but they use the gto oil pan atleast 2) daft innovations- $2500 for the complete kit, from wiring to engine mounts, but it doesn't include the oil pan 3)ebay mounts- i can't weld, and if i buy mounts and mout the motor, wtf am i gonna use to mount the tranny ?daft idea sounds good, its just a matter of how much time i gotta put on that street corner to earn those 2500, unless someone has a cheaper idea =/ . you know what i need. i need someone to crash their lsx 240 and ill buy all the mounts and repositioning crap off of them :] . but hope they make it out alright lol
p.s. do the fuel lines have to be repositioned ? one of your buddys said its a fire hazard and they need to be moved?

Blown240sx
Car: 1996 240sx

migsk8 wrote:p.s. do the fuel lines have to be repositioned ? one of your buddys said its a fire hazard and they need to be moved?
Yes they need to be moved they run right by the header on the passanger side.

If you looking for cheap you follow my Optional instructions on the other thread and make them. I told you how to make the motor and tranny mount.

migsk8

Blown240sx wrote:
Yes they need to be moved they run right by the header on the passanger side.

If you looking for cheap you follow my Optional instructions on the other thread and make them. I told you how to make the motor and tranny mount.
yeah i got that part down, but i just had a train of thoughts last night, if i sell the kouki i just bought and get an rx7 shell, that could be a sweet project. but its just all ideas at the moments.

cnichols

240 is an easier swap than an FD.

I have an extra tranny crossmember piece if you want to buy it, drill the holes, and then make your mounts using the tranny crossmember to position everything.

migsk8

cnichols, sinse you're doing the FD now and you already have the kouki done, which do you think was cheaper? how hard is it to work on the motor while its in the car ? are there any certain things that make the fd ls swap harder than the 240 ls swap ?

please and thank you
Modified by migsk8 at 10:52 AM 12/2/2008

cnichols

FD is higher simply because of the cost of the chassis.

Plus, the engine bay is crappier and smaller due to the popups. It also has plastic inner fenders which is gay.

migsk8

cnichols wrote:FD is higher simply because of the cost of the chassis.

Plus, the engine bay is crappier and smaller due to the popups. It also has plastic inner fenders which is gay.
well i had to think about it for a while and i decided............drumrole please............................im keeping my kouki, an rx7 is just not me, its cool and all and would get plenty of ooohhh and aaaahhhhhs from people. i just dont see myself rolling around in a chassis thats new to me and trying to do an LS swap. maybe later on down the line, just not right now. im picking up my kouki today and i bet when i see it i'll fall in love with it all over again, and ill be like FD who0o0o0o ?

Return to “Hybrids”