best way to connect tablet to 06 G35 stereo?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
joseph24

I am helping out a friend with possibly installing a tablet in his 06 G35 standard audio system no nav ect...

I am trying to figure out how to connect the tablet so it will play audio through the stock stereo.

I know the headphone jack output on the tablet can be connected directly to the bose amp, but i recall reading another person doing this and the sound was not getting as loud as stock, which i would assume is due to the tablet putting out a lower voltage signal compared with the stock radio.

The other option would be a bluetooth device that connects directly to the bose amp if that is possible, and the tablet can stream via bluetooth.

Do the bose amps in these cars require a remote wire to turn on or do they turn on when the car is on, this could be another issue if the stock radio is completely taken out of the system.

any input would be appreciate thanks

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Does this car have satellite radio capability? You can tell if there's a SAT button on the stereo. If it does, you can tap into the input there for the satellite radio.

Welcome to NICO!

joseph24

No it does not have satellite radio.
Thanks

joseph24

http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Harness-In ... asldica-20

i came across this harness, i was thinking i could use a 3.5 headphone to rca cable to connect to the rca's on the harness, is there anything i could put inline to boost the signal some?

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”