Best tint for heat rejection

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
stereotypical

Best tint for heat rejection

Postby stereotypical » Wed May 15, 2019 7:17 am

Want to find a high quality tint that isn't dark but is good at keeping the interior cool. Anyone have good first hand knowledge and can suggest a quality product? I want the lightest tint possible but still get good heat rejection. TIA!

macgiver

Re: Best tint for heat rejection

Postby macgiver » Wed May 15, 2019 2:09 pm

I believe 3M has the state of the art. Now I'm where it gets 122 F :rotflmao , and I solved that question
AT THE TIME , technology improves all the time , by simply getting "samples" from all the places with different tint brands they claim is best for "heat rejection" ; then you put each one by one up to your glass with your hand being the judge on a really bright sunny day - and before the ambient temp rises to confuse your hand. You want to see how the infrared / UV? whatever penetrates your glass & then tint film to your interior.
I was surprised how some bragg bigtime films really actually SUCKED :facepalm:

RicerX
Administrator
Car: '18 Titan Pro4X, '18 Infiniti QX60

Postby RicerX » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:52 am

I had fantastic experience with Llumar Formula One Pinnacle in my 370Z, but for some reason, whatever the heck is in my Titan is the best I have ever had. I believe there's a tag for it somewhere in the glove box - the dealer had it done before I bought the truck. I've been very impressed with it.

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

Postby Yoda's Master » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:00 am

You want to buy a nano ceramic tint and get the front windshield tint

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”