Best portable car lift in 2022? ( XMas Gift)

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I'm buying a portable car lift for Christmas this year and was curious what folks' recommendations were these days late in 2022.

I have my eye on the QuickJack 7000TLX Bundle but curious if there is a better option out there. EDIT: I can get the QuickJack 7000TL from Costco with the adapter kit for $1,850. $450 cheaper than Amazon...but wouldn't be the 'extended length' which I'm not sure is a big deal. 5" difference (70.75in for TL and 76in for TLX).

My vehicles are:
  • 2011 Infiniti M56x (~4k pounds)
  • 2016 Infiniti QX60 (~4.3-4.5k pounds)
Intended work:
  • Oil changes
  • Tire rotations
  • Brakes
  • Exhaust jobs
  • Other odd jobs (ex: I recently had to replace the window washer motor on my QX60)
I went a bit bigger on the lift weight rating in the event I ever upgrade to a truck or something but the biggest truck I'd probably get is something like an F150 (size wise - not necessarily an F150). You'll never see me in a 250/2500 or 350/3500, way overkill for anything I'd ever use a truck for.

I live in FL now but when I lived in NY up until March 2021, I used my dads two post Bend Pak for years and miss it terribly...so I may be biased towards Bend Pak lifts in general.

I have low-ish ceilings in my garage which is why I can't fit a real lift like I used in NY.

Any thoughts, advice, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

I've been researching this type of stuff for years and if you are in a place where you don't have room for a 2 or 4 post lift, the QuickJack is the next best thing by a large margin. A lot of detailers use them to clean vehicles, as it makes it simple to remove wheels and wash underneath, while still being able to access everything else. I've looked at getting one myself though because they are easy to store and cover 80-90% of the tasks most people like us would want to do ourselves. Short of major suspension work, dropping solid axles, or dropping an engine cradle/subframe it literally can handle anything. Not as easily as a normal lift obviously, but pretty darn close and it beats ramps, jacks, and jackstands.

I think the model you listed should cover you just fine, but if you intend to get a 1/2 ton pickup at some point I'd get the extensions. You'd be surprised how much more lifting height a 1/2 ton truck requires as I've recently purchased an F-150 myself. You should be fine on weight, as not many 1/2 tons exceed 6,000 pounds even, but I'd want that extra height to get it off the ground. My floor jack barely reaches it and it's never been an issue for anything else - even my old 2005 Pathfinder. Oh and it also crushed my ramps when I tried to do the first oil change on it, hence why I had to try the jack :gapteeth:

The only other thing I researched when we lived in our old house were these low rise two post lifts: https://www.maxjax.com/maxjax/

They're nearly double the price though and take up a lot more space for storage.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yeah I'd love the max jax just not feasible. I've posted in a few spots (here, Reddit, FB) and the QJ is unanimously touted...so 7000TL here I come!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Subscribing!

Return to “General Chat”