Best Performance Replacement Brakes

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
RedZed
Car: 1991 Nissan 300zx TT
2008 BMW X5 4.8i

I am going to be doing a brake job soon. I think I have decided to that I am going to upgrade to Slotted/drilled rotors and upgraded pads and SS brake lines.

Do you guys recommend any specific brands? powerstop, EBC, etc. I want to run the stock rims so I dont really want to do a conversion.

Thanks!

macgiver

Your gonna get a thousand different opinions , drilled/slotted a good choice , get what you pay for like SP better than Powerstop???? :rolleyes: Sounds stupid , but whatever you get , if you "index" them , AND there's Zero vibes and smooth , AND won't pulsate after HARD runn'n , or when "quenched while hot" in deep puddles - you got a good one !
Pads ,you'll get a million opinions/arguments/semantic BullshaIIatt - just don't get ANY metallic content at all in them because greatly increased disc wear , hard to find anyone to machine certain slots and or drilled styles.My opinion stick to a good ceramic - just go for initial bite and stopping power as seen in the comparison charts , select for your desired performance/driving style is all .Aikbono , Hawk , Bendix, Powerstop I've had no problems with , won't pretend to know other pads.
Then there's a time for super stopping/metallic pads ,up to you ,right. Some people got Buck$$$$$. :lolling:

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”