Best options for replacing 2008 cvt on Nissan Altima Coupe

All things Altima Coupe.
ib1mikec
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

Hi guys,
I hope I'm not posting a redundancy question, but here it goes. I'm curious the best/cheapest way to replace a 2008 cvt on the coupe. I will tell you a little about my back story to save time. I purchased a 2008 nissan altima coupe. Shortly after the trans went out. It was barely over the waranty so Nissan told me I was sol and wouldn't lift one finger to assist me in any way. *(note: when it failed I was in Denver Colorado, I live in Tulsa) So, I bought a transmission online from gottransmissions. Also note do not ever EVER go through gottransmissions or gotengines.com as I will go into momentarily. I bought this making sure that it had a one year waranty so I have it shipped to Colorado and put in at a shop. I drive it back and about 60 days later the trans fails, it also had developed quite a noise before. I call gottransmissions.com get my replacement and they tell me that even though I purchased a year warranty and had a standard 90 day warranty they were not going to honor it. They are a very shady company and I'm currently filed in small claims and am exploring options, however, this is a different topic. Matter at hand, I have a car I've already put 2000 dollars in that is setting. I'm wanting to know the best/cheapest option to get the car back up and running. I have heard of someone being able to take a 2012 transmission and put it into the 2008 with slight modification. Does anyone know about this? Or does anyone know some other way I can get a transmission into this car without spending and additional 2000-3500? Any information would be sincerely helpful. Thank you in advance.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”