Best kit for making my m45 faster turbo or super charged

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Loyalpakz
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

Have an 06 m45 looking to build a kit on it any suggestions?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Loyalpakz wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:52 pm
Have an 06 m45 looking to build a kit on it any suggestions?
Welcome:

search.php?keywords=m45+turbo&fid%5B0%5D=176

search.php?keywords=m45+supercharger&fid%5B0%5D=176

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

I dont believe there is a single kit specifically for this car. You will have to get one for a G35 or 350Z, that has the same VQ35DE motor. Half the parts will be compatible, and have of it will have to be fabricated custom. Not too much more work than kits designed for a specific card though, you always have to do some custom piping work regardless of it coming with pipes or not.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

The two main ways to turbocharge this engine is either a twin turbo that are often mounted behind and to the side of the motor, bolted right onto the headers:
VQ35DE Burns Turbo Exhaust Manifold1.jpg

Or a more common single turbo mounted up near where the stock airbox is:
VQ35DE single turbo piping.jpg

Single is usually the one done on a VQ35DE because we have a single intake manifold and it is cheaper to do. You can run a twin turbo with our single intakes though. Both turbos would just have their compressed air outlet come back to the front of the car and meat up in a Y piece right before it goes into the intercooler

Stillen is the only manufacturer that makes a supercharger kit that is 90% compatible with our cars. Their old gen kit uses a twin screw supercharger that gives you full boost the entire RPM range. It is harder to find now days and requires cutting the hood to make room, but it can be made CA street legal which is nice. Their newer kit uses a centrifugal supercharger that is basically the same as a turbo but uses a belt instead of exhaust. This has more power than the twin screw one, but acts like a turbo in that it builds boost as RPM goes up.
Stillen kit that requires cutting the hood but can be made CA legal:
https://www.nissanraceshop.com/product/ ... -350z-g35/
The stage 2 of that kit only adds like 30-40 horsepower to the car, but adds a good bit of torque and better power response. I think I remember the stage 4 kit added something like 100HP to the car, and I believe puts you right at the limits of the stock engine rods.

A centrifugal supercharger is the cheapest way to get forced induction.People normally buy Vortech brand ones. All you have to do is fabricate a mounting flange for the charger, get a new engine belt to tie it in, and mount a universal intercooler up front under the radiator and fabricate some cheap aluminum piping to bring it all together. It offers lower power gains than a turbo, but you can run it on a stock engine easily and still be mostly reliable.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”