Best iPod spot to dock?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Pashdut
Car: 06' M35

So I went to Best Buy to see what they offer as far as where I can hook up my iPod so it doesn't dangle everywhere. They showed me this:

http://www.bracketron.com/xmain/uni4503ip.php

http://www.bracketron.com/xmain/ipm201.php

http://www.bracketron.com/xmain/ipw901.php

But if you see all of them you realize something is missing...the AUX wire! Ofcourse in the pic it looks like a sweet set-up, but if your going to use your AUX wire like me and most of you are, that set-up BB showed me does not look so good. The wire makes the whole set-up look horrible.

I have a Silicone casing so it has a good grip, but I'm still not satisfied.

Here is what I, and I'm sure most of you iPod owners as well are looking for:

1: A spot where it can be docked where I can view the screen (since we can't see it on our LCD screens )

2: Somewhere that won't make the AUX wire get in the way.

Now, I have seen an M35 a while back on this forum that had a cusom made dock right in that hole in front of the cup holder. Well obviously we can't have that made for us, and even that is not a good set-up because you can't see the song name, etc.

So what do you all think?

Pashdut

any ideas anyone?

M45inATL
Car: 2004 Nissan Titan

What year and model do you have? I have an 03 M45 and there is hardly any room to put anything. I want a to get Tom Tom or some type of navigation and the only thing holding me back is the lack of real estate, there is nowhere to put anything.

Pashdut

06 M35No space for me anywhere either. That is why I posted this.

desertfrogman
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

I just had best buy custom dock my I-pod. I bought the Audio Extreme cable from the apple store. I also used the adaptor dock that was included with my I-pod. It is the little white peice of plastic included in the box. I dremmeled out the peice and then Best Buy painited and epoxied the cable into the platic. Then they installed the cable into the small space behind the gear shifter with some matching black textured plastic. It is not the most ideal spot but it looks awesome.

The downfalls are it is right behind the shifter and slightly right. I has never gotten in my way but i am always aware of it. The second is I have to take my eyes off the road to see what song is playing. I thought about mounting it to the dash or hiding it in the glove box but i wanted to see the I-pod and not ruin the look of the car by adding some add on.

I'll add some pics when Iget a chance

Pashdut

desertfrogman wrote:I just had best buy custom dock my I-pod. I bought the Audio Extreme cable from the apple store. I also used the adaptor dock that was included with my I-pod. It is the little white peice of plastic included in the box. I dremmeled out the peice and then Best Buy painited and epoxied the cable into the platic. Then they installed the cable into the small space behind the gear shifter with some matching black textured plastic. It is not the most ideal spot but it looks awesome.

The downfalls are it is right behind the shifter and slightly right. I has never gotten in my way but i am always aware of it. The second is I have to take my eyes off the road to see what song is playing. I thought about mounting it to the dash or hiding it in the glove box but i wanted to see the I-pod and not ruin the look of the car by adding some add on.

I'll add some pics when Iget a chance
Pic'S would be much appreciated Thanks.

ryanmck
Car: M35

Are you using the AUX jack inbetween the rear seats?

I have an 07 M35 and am wanting to run cables from the AUX up to the front console somewhere to plug in an player (I have a ZUNE not an iPod, but same situation). But i don't want to have the AUX slot open all the time in the back seat. Have you wired a connection directly into the AUX without using the external plugs?

That is what I would like to do if you have any advice.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”