Best Compatible Cell Phone With the EX blue tooth

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
morning_glory
Car: EX35

My Motorola RAZR being not compatible for the entire phonebook tranfer feature, I am looking for a new one. I went through the Infiniti Bluetooth information center on the web and I can't easily find what is the best choice for the cell phone. I mean the best quality/compatibility ratio.I really want to have the full phonebook transfer option working and I am also looking for a up-to-date and quality cell phone.So I would appreciate your personal experience.

Thanks.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

very very few phones do that anyways. I'd stick with your RZR. I have a Treo 750 that supports all the BT functions except the entire phonebook.

aznanubis

My wife's Sony-Ericsson w580i phone was able to transfer all her contacts to her car. The only benefit I see from doing that is if you receive an incoming call it displays the contact information. You will still need to add voice tags if you want to dial out with the handsfree system. I work in IT and it took me a while to figure it out. After you pair the phone, your phone has to support being able to send all contacts through obex transfer connection. All my windows mobile phones, had issues but I could send my contacts individually though. Hope that helps.

CaribMon71
Car: 2009 FX50 Sport

Previous Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

I haven't read the manual yet. I wasn't even aware the EX35 could do that. Will it work with Blackberries? I'm referring to the phone book transfer feature.

SalsAsianMike
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey

No way to transfer contacts from the iPhone either.

If only Infiniti would make a transfer app and get it on the App Store. It could just use the direct connection cable rather than go through the BT.

I know it's wishful thinking but they would be smart if they did!

Most standard cell phones (not OS based smartphones) should have the obex protocol but many carriers have been known to cripple some of the obex features to force you to buy more stuff from them like ringtones and backups of your address book. Maybe this could be the problem, especially if that RAZR is from Verizon.

If you look through cell phone forums you can find info on how to un-cripple obex features. I've never tried myself because the instructions looked pretty complex but it's worth a look.

Modified by SalsAsianMike at 9:55 PM 9/4/2008

Modified by SalsAsianMike at 10:04 PM 9/4/2008

Modified by SalsAsianMike at 10:05 PM 9/4/2008
Modified by SalsAsianMike at 3:23 AM 9/5/2008

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”