best cai and where to buy

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
billyt
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

looking for a cold air intake for my 2007 m45 sport. heard about R2c but can’t find a website to purchase from. Other than that, all I’ve seen is Injen and Weapon R. Are there any more out there

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Those are the only ones I know of. Injen seems to be the most popular.

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I have the Injen for my 07 M35x and have no issues.

06M45DT
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

Depending on where you live (I live in california), I couldn’t get a weapon R CAI sent here, so I went with Injen intake. It’s been installed for a couple weeks now and it’s great.

06M45DT
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

eyedeekay
Car: 2006 Infiniti m35

Bringing this topic up again, but currently I have a Z-tube and K&N air filter in my 06 M35. Was wondering if the the injen CAI are "true" CAI, and if so, is there any difference in power gains between my setup versus the injen + throttlebody upgrade? I am tuned with uprev btw, and I plan on getting retuned since I recently installed headers and will put in bigger injectors and transgo kit. So, I am gauging ifs worth keeping my current intake setup as is.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

eyedeekay wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:52 am
Bringing this topic up again, but currently I have a Z-tube and K&N air filter in my 06 M35. Was wondering if the the injen CAI are "true" CAI, and if so, is there any difference in power gains between my setup versus the injen + throttlebody upgrade? I am tuned with uprev btw, and I plan on getting retuned since I recently installed headers and will put in bigger injectors and transgo kit. So, I am gauging ifs worth keeping my current intake setup as is.

You will have gains from moving to a bigger throttle body, and you really need to do that if you are putting larger injectors on otherwise you won't be able to use the extra fuel you are putting in.
I doubt there will be much more than 1-2HP difference from a z-tube to a real cold air intake that draws from down by the wheel well, and with one of those you have to deal with the headaches of not being able to drive when it is raining out. Twice Ive had the splashing from water on the road get sucked up enough after a while of driving that it bogs the engine down into a safe mode. I ended up just taking the tube extension off and brining the air filter back up into the engine bay. I cant notice any difference in performance driving it that way.

eyedeekay

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:58 am
eyedeekay wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:52 am

You will have gains from moving to a bigger throttle body, and you really need to do that if you are putting larger injectors on otherwise you won't be able to use the extra fuel you are putting in.
I doubt there will be much more than 1-2HP difference from a z-tube to a real cold air intake that draws from down by the wheel well, and with one of those you have to deal with the headaches of not being able to drive when it is raining out. Twice Ive had the splashing from water on the road get sucked up enough after a while of driving that it bogs the engine down into a safe mode. I ended up just taking the tube extension off and brining the air filter back up into the engine bay. I cant notice any difference in performance driving it that way.
Oh good point on the throttle body, I only considered injectors for "future proofing" but I guess it's better to knock out the NA mods before considering that, thanks! And that is a lil scary about the water being sucked up haha. The current setup has served me well this far so maybe I will just consider the throttle body for now before the tune.

Sacto Infiniti
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

eyedeekay

Ended up mocking up my own 3 inch intake for the car, using a mishimoto z-tube, with a 3 inch MAF housing and k&n 3 inch cone filter. Reused the the stock intake housing to function as a sort of heat shield. IDK how effective it is versus without, but I rather this setup since my car is lowered and it rains frequently where I live. This is all routed to a CZP 75mm throttlebody kit. As far as before and after performance, paired with headers the car really pulls in the higher RPMs now, peak hp is not reached until 6900 rpm, and the horsepower does not significantly decreased all the way to the new rev limit set at 7200 rpm after uprev dyno tuning. Pretty happy with the results considering this is a nonrevup DE motor

Only problem now im dealing with is heatsoak from the headers. I attempted titanium header wrap, but unfortunately it wouldn't have cleared the steering rack and it was a pain trying to put the headers in with the wrap installed. I will probably look into some sort of thermal blanket to put right above the headers
https://imgur.com/a/tu8mzsV

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”