Best buying time?

All things Altima Coupe.
packerjd04
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima S 2.5 Coupe

Hey guys, if you happened to catch my intro thread a little bit ago i mentioned that i was looking into buying a coupe early summer ( May-Junish). Thinking about it though i was wondering when exactly the '08 coupes went on market and if anyone knows when the '09 coupe would be coming out. I was thinking if it wasn't to long of a wait i might wait it out and see if they do anything different with the '09.

Also if the '09 is coming out soon might be able to get an '08 for cheaper hah

Thanks in advance.

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

Usually next year rollouts start around August. So if you can wait that long, I'm sure you'll save yourself a few $$$

As far as changing things for the model, don't count on it. Changes usually occur at the 3rd or 4th year of the model to boost sales. Financially, it wouldn't make sense for Nissan to spend so much on R&D and then change things around the next year. I'd say at 2010 we'll see some minor changes like maybe a different fascia or different tail lights, and probably some minor interior tweaks.

packerjd04

Thanks! O and its not as much a waiting that long kind of thing as hoping my pathfinder doesn't die before then haha.

photoframd
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

If you could swing it now, you should price one out. But, you need to be aggressive and not backdown. Do your research on consumerreports.org, order their report for the model, and also go to cars.com for their pricing figures. They will be close but off, and the dealer will still claim that it is not correct. Then you hit them with their dealer hold back and "other" dealer incentives.

I got my A/C 3.5 SE below dealer invoice because of the dealer hold back + the extra incentives tied to the 50-anniversary marketing push. I did buy an extended warranty, but I beat him up on that too. (And, yes I did see the invoice with my matching VIN number -- be aggressive!)

Any time there is a BIG marketing push, there are always additional "hidden" incentives to get dealers to move cars and hit bonus quotas.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

well august is not the time to look for an 09 lol.. i got my 08 in august and i couldnt find one for a dollar less than sticker... many wanted $1500 or 2k over sticker... Also, at that time you may not have your exact choice... but you will get a deal. Find someone whose with nissan to hook you up with a VPP thats the cheapest!

packerjd04

LBC your probably right about looking for an '09 in august, i was just wondering if they would change anything (rims, ect.). And to photo, about the incentives the dealership ive been looking at is actually moving at the beginning of May to a brand new place and was thinking that there would be some deals because theyd rather not move that many cars over there and the possibility of a grand opening sale. O and thanks for all the sites to check out, ill be sure to do that! Thanks for the help!

photoframd
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

When you are ready to buy, fill out the form on cars.com for your "ideal" car and let the Nissan dealers in the area contact you. You can then play the dealers off each other to get their prices down. Just be sure NOT to seem too interested in a particular car and color. The dealers will know their stock and the stock of the surrounding dealers. If they know that they have the ONLY car meeting your specs, they will have you and you will loose your bargaining power. Should this happen, say your would be just as happy with another color. If they don't bargain, stand-up and ask for the salesperson's business card. Great way to keep them unsettled.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”