bell housing bolt questions

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
carjeep
Car: 2010 Frontier, 1991 Sentra

hey guys I'm having challenging time searching my answer. i keep getting results for rear wheel drive. my question is what size bolts are used on an sr20ve engine swapped for a b13 5 speed. i got the car not long ago but after putting it up on the hoist i noticed like 4-5 were missing. since ill be replacing the throw out bearing within the month i wanted to install new bolts all around. the parts guy at the dealership said all the bolts are the same length and are no longer sold but i can seem to find that online either.

Rufus93
Car: 1993 sentra se-r
1991 s13

Size should be 12.5x1.75 if I remember but not sure of the length

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

How does one swap an engine for a trans?

And, out of the thousands of metric bolts that have passed through my hands I have never seen one that had either a .5 shank or head, they always move in even full MM. sizes there. Meaning 12 then 13.........the THREAD pitch moves in less than a full MM.

If any of the bolts pass through a dial pin then likely different length there.......and sometimes at the starter too. Pull one bolt, measure it for a starting spec then fit it in the other holes without threading it in, simply to see how much it sticks out, if all are the same amount then buy more in the length you just specced. The spec is generally 7 threads at least to have proper depth and holding power. A couple more is even better. You'll need the correct property class too or like 10.5, the strength of the steel used in the bolt. 8.8 will probably work.

Rufus93
Car: 1993 sentra se-r
1991 s13

Hey I mean do what yall want but the bolts went into 12.5 x 1.75 and I pulled that same bolt from my machine shop and remapped another sr20 block with the same tap and it that's what I came to.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”