Behold the mighty Q....let the cutting begin.

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
T45
Car: King Kong powered Z32

Well I finally picked up my donor Q tonight. Everything looks good so far. I did notice some orange rtv coming out from the timing cover so some type of work has been done. It seems there is also coming from the head......yes, the head...like where the head gasket goes. I am not 100% sure that it is what it appears to be but time will tell. Just wanted to vent a little bit and also let everyone know that in a few months a lot of 1992 q45 parts will be available after I hack out all the goodies for my swap. Will anyone here be offended if I just hack off the whole front end to get the engine out?

Not bad for $456.00 right?

Edit: Holy big picture batman. I am not good with pics so if mods want to size it down be my guest. THX
Modified by T45 at 9:26 AM 7/14/2006

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Nice... What color is the interior??? is it in good shape?

Even with TCS, so you can control your beast!!!

T45

I had to erase that pic, it was getting on my nerves. Here is a link....I'll put more pics in later.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...hotos

The interior is Tan leather, drivers seat is worn, but for the most part is was taken care of very well. Nothing major broken at all. Almost new tires on bbs style rims. Good sheet metal etc.

So tell me what I am looking at here. How did you know that it has traction control? How will that affect my swap? Until I get in there and get my hands dirty I haven't a clue what this car is about.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

You see a brake resovior looking thing by the battery and the thing short of the TB, both show it has TCS

irax
Car: VQ35DER Powered S14.3

that truck is freaking sweet! love the fact that you got painted fenders! if the bumper and hood was painted too that would be soo sick

defrag010

haha, nice.. you did the exact same thing I did. Cutting a Q45 apart is alot harder than other cars, because that bigass boat mofo is reinforced everywhere and uses thick metal and awkward angles everywhere. I went through about 10 18-24TPI blades just getting my car cut apart.Mine was free, though, but it was in alot worse shape and was rearended beyond repair.

I took all of the good parts off, but you would be surprised how hard it is to part out the good stuff here on nico. I had to lower my prices stupid low to even compete with pop-pop.. and I only made not even 200$ and I still have a garage full of good Q45 parts.

here's some progress pics of me chopping mine apart.

the day I drove it home

chop topchop top 2chop top 3

flip trunk kit

ALMOST done!! me taking a break

T45

Thanks Elwesso, I figured that but wasn't sure. So I can assume that it reads wheel speeds and brakes accordingly? Gotcha.

irax, thanks! I wanted something different and I think I got it. I'm not done yet with the looks but close. As you can see the truck was white but when I bought parts I just got what I got. White glass fenders, black hood and tailgate and factory gray bumper. Paint and a new front winch bumper are in the near future.

Defrag...that's just plain nuts! I only meant cutting the header out so that I could pull the engine out easier...not the whole car! lmao And that last pic of you taking a break is so classic! I would have it framed and put over the mantle for sure!

BTW, I got it running today. Just jumped the batt and it started right up. It does have some valve noise coming from the left head and missing badly. Almost makes me think that it jumped a tooth. Exhaust smells like firecrackers. Noise almost goes away when it warms up but misses even worse. Sounds like typical toyota 22R valvetrain noise. No metal on metal, but you can just hear the valves and cam rotating.

Does the VVT have different settings for cold and hot engine temps? That would explain a lot.

defrag010

I would bet that you have noisy lifters and a bad fuel injector. My motor did the exact same thing as yours, and one of my injectors was bad causing the miss.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

definitely an injector.. pull the timing cover and make sure the guides dont need fixed.

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”