Beeping when in drive or reverse with brake on

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
rayc325
Car: Platinum Graphite EX35

Platinum Graphite FX35

This morning I was driving to work and stopped at a drive thru. When I applied the brake I was getting a series of 3 beeps then pause then more beeps. Put it in park..no beeps, put it in drive, foot on the brake beeping started. In drive and moving - no beeping. Anyone know what this could be?

Seat belt on.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

take it in, that's what warranties are for.

DEng66

rayc325 wrote:This morning I was driving to work and stopped at a drive thru. When I applied the brake I was getting a series of 3 beeps then pause then more beeps. Put it in park..no beeps, put it in drive, foot on the brake beeping started. In drive and moving - no beeping. Anyone know what this could be?

Seat belt on.
Sounds like what happens to me at drive thrus due to the proximity sensors. Scared me to death first time. There should be a switch near your left knee that turns them off. Next time you hear those beeps, use that switch to turn the sensors off and see if it stops.

rubystar88
Car: EX 35

Could it be the "sensor" you are hearing?

....the switch is located on the left, knee level.I have mine turned off, my dog thinks it is her "citronella collar" correcting tone .

rubystar88
Car: EX 35

DEng66- we must have been typing at the same time!

rayc325
Car: Platinum Graphite EX35

Platinum Graphite FX35

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”