Beams Powered 240 From NC

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
teck240sx
Car: S13 Coupe

Whats up guys, name's Rob coming from NC to show the progress on my 240sx build that started over 3 years ago. Over the years I've had numerous cars but this one has stuck around for over 5. I drug the car out of the woods and saved it 6 years ago and was my daily for awhile, traded it to a buddy who had a few issues with it and let it the condition slip away and when I got it back I took it to a drift event and the car was awful, the Sohc smoked and car drove terrible with no power steering and blown coils. Once I returned from the event I decided it was time for a complete overhaul of the car.

Last event

So I started by stripping the car down and prepping the chassis for all the repairs.

The Engine Bay was in poor shape like the rest of the car and I noticed that the core support was tweaked pretty hard so I cut the front off for a tube front in the future

When I removed the rear bumper I found a bad rust spot at the gas tank strap that needed repair
Once it was fixed coated everything with truckbed liner and got a Street Faction crash bar on a deal

Trunk area was then wire brushed and bed lined as well
Last edited by teck240sx on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

teck240sx

After that I repeated the process on the main cabin of the car but just sprayed it with Single Stage

Then the build kinda came to a halt for a year or so while I did jeep things and made different engine choices. I went from having an almost complete CA18 build to a low mileage KA that I was gonna KA-T both which were sold to build my XJ. After I sold the XJ at the end of 2017 I used the money to reignite my build with buying suspension and wheels for the 240 and getting it rolling again.

At the start of 2018 I made a career change and that opened up a shop bay to install the engine of my choice. Thanks to drift tax an unknown mileage KA goes for $1k around here and I wasn't pay that. Thought about an NA SR but those have increased to much for the power they make. Then my buddy with an AE86 was talking about a Beams Engine and how cheap they were while making 200hp so I snagged one up at tax time and when it arrived we got to fabricating mounts.

Before it left the shop to return home I got it on the rack to align it somewhat and to see how much my extended control arms would go each way

-9.1 Degrees

teck240sx

When it got home I started plumbing fuel and figuring out how to wire it to run on the stock ECU which there is little to no information on since everyone goes standalone in the 86 community

After it was running (gotta figure out how to share the video) I sent it to my buddy Eddies shop Exclusive Garage and he knocked out an awesome tube front end

Brought it home and got the front end painted

Which brings us to current day kinda, A lot of the stuff I've done lately is minor, wiring the chassis, rerunning brake hardlines, had to get the downpipe reworked to clear the steering shaft. Just gonna dump a few pics and I'll try to keep this up to date.

Powered coated z32 calipers

Got a deal on a used basically new Momo Wheel

Return to “240sx General Discussion”