BCM Beeping?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
smudge801
Car: 2008 infiniti G35x Sedan

I've had electrical issues, beginning with replacing the blower fan relay. When doing so, I also checked the accessory relay next to it and found a bit of melting in the socket. Purchased a replacement fuse block and more new relays. Put them in, replaced all the harnesses and remounted the fuse block on the BCM. Now the car cranks, but no ignition. It was fine when I tested all before remounting. Something changed when I put it all back.There is beeping occasionally when I move the assembly a bit. Seems like the BCM beeps. Anyone know what that is and why? All fuses are intact and the relays are new. I don't see what might be interrupting firing.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

smudge801 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:52 am
I've had electrical issues, beginning with replacing the blower fan relay. When doing so, I also checked the accessory relay next to it and found a bit of melting in the socket. Purchased a replacement fuse block and more new relays. Put them in, replaced all the harnesses and remounted the fuse block on the BCM. Now the car cranks, but no ignition. It was fine when I tested all before remounting. Something changed when I put it all back.There is beeping occasionally when I move the assembly a bit. Seems like the BCM beeps. Anyone know what that is and why? All fuses are intact and the relays are new. I don't see what might be interrupting firing.
Was your vehicle ever in a flood?

Read the EC chapter in the FSM for your vehicle

Telcoman

smudge801
Car: 2008 infiniti G35x Sedan

Never flooded. Been in the family in TX for 15 years. Will read up on the EC chapter. Thanks.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”