BC Racing rear rebound adjuster extensions

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
vabrova
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x
2001 Infiniti I30t

Originally put my BCs on without the extensions but now I would like to add them. Do I access the top of the strut tower from the trunk or interior behind the seats?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

From the trunk, you will need to drill a small hole in the trunk liner. You also will want to install the extension while the rear shock is off the vehicle, then feed the adjustment extension through your hole as you lift it in place.

vabrova
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x
2001 Infiniti I30t

Finally got around to doing these and I think that there is a difference between 06-07 vs 08-10 model years or maybe the all wheel vs rear wheel options.

Holes are located behind the seats of my 08x

If you do this install be aware that the holes don't line up directly over the top of your struts. If you don't widen them the extender bends into an "S" too tightly and you wont be able to turn the adjustment knobs. Just a few millimeters more diameter was needed using a step up drill bit.

Lastly the holes are covered by something best described as a sticker of putty?? It doesn't peel, it just bunches up when you scrape it off but you can reapply it if you're careful. I wasn't so I just used the thick aluminum tape that was on the trunk wall to reseal the holes and the job was done.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”