BC Racing Coilovers - Decision Made

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Who here has BC Racing coilovers?

After some research the last few days, I have set my sights 100% on BC Racing coilovers. Even though the D2's are 'true coilovers', I have read that they have had issues with leaking in the past much more than BC. And that they are rougher in general (on other cars). I'm not willing to take that risk on the M, so I'm going with what I have read is the better quality pick from the two on many platforms (Nissan, Lexus, Mazda, etc.)

That being said, for those of you running BC's, how do you have them configured? What is the proper way to set them up? I plan to have them on the softest setting possible...what height should I set it at to look good but not be super low? I have 19" wheels.

I will be doing the install myself, following this guide:

http://g35driver.com/forums/v36-diy/278 ... stall.html

Also, are there any vendors on here who have deals on them?

06M4.5
Car: 2006 M45

you should take lots of pic of the rear installation & adjustment as so many are driving around with them set up incorrectly. :frown:

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

06M4.5 wrote:you should take lots of pic of the rear installation & adjustment as so many are driving around with them set up incorrectly. :frown:
I will definitely make a HowTo for the M specifically as the link above is for a G (I'm using it because it's a similar setup) and the one on some other sites is for the FX.

06M4.5

I meant adjusting the rear non true coilovers, lots of people have them set up wrong. Installation is not hard.

Ilya

06M4.5 wrote:I meant adjusting the rear non true coilovers, lots of people have them set up wrong. Installation is not hard.
Oh.

Well for that I think I need to know what good base settings are...hoping someone knowledgeable chimes in so I can set a base point.

06M4.5

My understanding is that you need to set up the spring 1st with what drop you want. 2nd would be to adjust (center) the strut to that drop so it won't bottom out or hit the top.

After both are installed (spring & strut) on both side you need to re-adjust both rears again so that they are somewhat even to your #'s.

This is the reason I tell everyone with this type of coilover to install the front 1st. Get your front #'s to what you want and then work with the rears.

After getting all 4 corners as close as possible drive the car for about 45 days so that the suspension settles in. You'll need to re-adjust all 4 corners again before getting an alignment.

I have installed 4 sets of D2's (on the ground without air tools) and it's so much easier having a true coilover that only needs 1 adjustment. I always start with the rears and front last. I can do both rears in less than 1hr. Always good to have extra hands for help.

Depending on your tire & wheel set-up I would try 27" on all 4 corners for starter, re-adjust after 45 days if you want it higher or lower. Just make sure to get all 4 corner even as best as possible before alignment.

I'm running 26" with my 20" wheels and full size tires (M45)

I did Robert's from NY at 26.5" with the oem 19" package (M45)

I hope this helps, Freddie

Ilya

I have 19x8.5 wheels and 245/45/19 tires.

So, that's 27" from the lip of the wheel well at the top the ground I'm assuming? How do I set it before installing the fronts? Or are you saying install the fronts, adjust to 27" or thereabouts and then do the rears and match?

06M4.5

yes 27" from fender lip to the ground. This should give you about a 1 finger gap between fender lip & tire at all 4 corners.

Install front 1st get it as close as possible to 27" and then install rears. Every time you adjust you need to drop the car on the ground and drive it before taking measurements

If you see 27" being to low or high just re-adjust, this is the advantage of going with coilovers.

GL

Ilya

Got it. Thanks. I'll be ordering these as soon as my tax refund comes in.

06M4.5

one more thing before installation, try to have a full tank of gas & the tires inflated to the psi you use every day. This will help with tunning your ride height.

Ilya

Got it. Thanks.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Need BC's give me a shout... great discounts to Nico folks!

Ilya

RED_DET wrote:Need BC's give me a shout... great discounts to Nico folks!
Red, how much we talking (shipped to 12077)? I have an agreement to get them for $930 currently. I was planning to pay for them on Friday.

Thanks!

ISman
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

I am interested as well, also can I request swift springs with custom rates?

How much shipped to 28601?

RED_DET
Vendor

Yes swift springs are available and do cost extra and normally not in stock, so i it will take 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Let me clarify. The swift spring option is available for front only, not the rear.....

Spring rates are 12k/8k out the box.

RED_DET
Vendor

BC Coils still available at great prices and huge savings on package deals with SPC rear camber kits.

manolo87
Car: 2008 white M35x

RED_DET wrote:BC Coils still available at great prices and huge savings on package deals with SPC rear camber kits.
how much?

RED_DET
Vendor

Vehicle information?

Ilya

RED_DET wrote:Vehicle information?
Yes, Manolo87...please update your profile with your vehicle and geographic location (doesn't have to be exact, but at least a general area).

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

RED_DET wrote:BC Coils still available at great prices and huge savings on package deals with SPC rear camber kits.
Hi, I got the BR Types coilovers last year and have not had any problems. I do need to get the camber kits. I had inquired when I purchased my coilovers but never ended getting them. I really would be interested for a good deal if available.

midnightclub619

Hey Ilyakol, I got the BR Type coilovers. Not sure if you've already done your install but I did do the install myself. The link does a pretty good job with step by step. Unfortunately, I didn't follow the proper procedure or guidance of how many inches the gap should be for proper lowering height. I wouldn't be able to give you any numbers like that. My ride is slammed but I am considering raising the height of it bc I do think its a little too low. I did take pictures after the install but not sure if that would do you any help. But I am happy with the coilovers. The link is right, when it comes to the rear adjustment knobs, once you set them in there the only way to adjust the damper would be very difficult. To drill a hole behind the rear seat might work but not sure for the BR Types, since the knob isn't any type that can be turned with hex or screw (if that makes sense). I wonder if a hole could be drilled in the trunk and through the trunk liner so that you could adjust the damper when you feel like it. BC Racing gives you extenders with the set for our car. Even as slammed as my car is the camber isn't too bad but the camber kit by SPC that was mentioned would help.

Ilya

midnightclub619 wrote:Hey Ilyakol, I got the BR Type coilovers. Not sure if you've already done your install but I did do the install myself. The link does a pretty good job with step by step. Unfortunately, I didn't follow the proper procedure or guidance of how many inches the gap should be for proper lowering height. I wouldn't be able to give you any numbers like that. My ride is slammed but I am considering raising the height of it bc I do think its a little too low. I did take pictures after the install but not sure if that would do you any help. But I am happy with the coilovers. The link is right, when it comes to the rear adjustment knobs, once you set them in there the only way to adjust the damper would be very difficult. To drill a hole behind the rear seat might work but not sure for the BR Types, since the knob isn't any type that can be turned with hex or screw (if that makes sense). I wonder if a hole could be drilled in the trunk and through the trunk liner so that you could adjust the damper when you feel like it. BC Racing gives you extenders with the set for our car. Even as slammed as my car is the camber isn't too bad but the camber kit by SPC that was mentioned would help.
lol, thanks for your post, but you're more than two years too late hah. I had the coilovers on the car for a while and traded the car in and upgraded to an M56.

This thread was started in Jan. 2013....

RED_DET
Vendor

midnightclub619 wrote:
Hi, I got the BR Types coilovers last year and have not had any problems. I do need to get the camber kits. I had inquired when I purchased my coilovers but never ended getting them. I really would be interested for a good deal if available.
PM sent.

midnightclub619

IlyaKol wrote:
midnightclub619 wrote:Hey Ilyakol, I got the BR Type coilovers. Not sure if you've already done your install but I did do the install myself. The link does a pretty good job with step by step. Unfortunately, I didn't follow the proper procedure or guidance of how many inches the gap should be for proper lowering height. I wouldn't be able to give you any numbers like that. My ride is slammed but I am considering raising the height of it bc I do think its a little too low. I did take pictures after the install but not sure if that would do you any help. But I am happy with the coilovers. The link is right, when it comes to the rear adjustment knobs, once you set them in there the only way to adjust the damper would be very difficult. To drill a hole behind the rear seat might work but not sure for the BR Types, since the knob isn't any type that can be turned with hex or screw (if that makes sense). I wonder if a hole could be drilled in the trunk and through the trunk liner so that you could adjust the damper when you feel like it. BC Racing gives you extenders with the set for our car. Even as slammed as my car is the camber isn't too bad but the camber kit by SPC that was mentioned would help.
lol, thanks for your post, but you're more than two years too late hah. I had the coilovers on the car for a while and traded the car in and upgraded to an M56.

This thread was started in Jan. 2013....
hahaha..ooppsss.. i guess i need to look at the dates more, thought i saw 2015... sorry about that :)

Q45 Matias
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45

midnightclub619 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:15 pm
Hey Ilyakol, I got the BR Type coilovers. Not sure if you've already done your install but I did do the install myself. The link does a pretty good job with step by step. Unfortunately, I didn't follow the proper procedure or guidance of how many inches the gap should be for proper lowering height. I wouldn't be able to give you any numbers like that. My ride is slammed but I am considering raising the height of it bc I do think its a little too low. I did take pictures after the install but not sure if that would do you any help. But I am happy with the coilovers. The link is right, when it comes to the rear adjustment knobs, once you set them in there the only way to adjust the damper would be very difficult. To drill a hole behind the rear seat might work but not sure for the BR Types, since the knob isn't any type that can be turned with hex or screw (if that makes sense). I wonder if a hole could be drilled in the trunk and through the trunk liner so that you could adjust the damper when you feel like it. BC Racing gives you extenders with the set for our car. Even as slammed as my car is the camber isn't too bad but the camber kit by SPC that was mentioned would help.

Dude you came in clutch I just ordered mine tonight can’t wait to install them, any advice on the install. Got the one wheels still but need the car to perfect fitment till still mob up and down the mountain ???!!!!!!! @yoboymati on instagram

midnightclub619

The install is pretty much just like the video/pics show.

As for the ride height, after all these years, it took my a while to see exactly what height I wanted. So I've raised/lowered it multiple times to get my perfect height I want. I really can't say how many inches the coilovers are set at bc I've gone thru so many adjustments. I would say do the install and drop it, ride it for a few weeks to let the springs adjust and if its not what you want make the necessary adjustments to it.

Hope that helps. I'm still really happy with these coilovers.

midnightclub619

I should add, the SPC Camber Kit is worth the purchase. It'll save you $$ if you decide to go with a low stance bc of the negative camber on those tires.

Q45 Matias
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45

With the splindle situation should they just bolt on! They just arrived today and im going to install them myself! BTW I DRIVE A 99 INFINTI Q45

midnightclub619

Yes, they are straight bolt on. Didn't have to mod anything for my M35x. Not sure about the 99 Q45 tho. Have fun

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”