BC 264 Cam 'Recent' Experiences

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
bernyyymac
Car: 1997 JDM Nissan Silvia S14 K's

Hi there fellas,

Long time reader, first time poster. Kia Ora/Greetings from New Zealand .. where no rules apply as to what we can drive ;) r32 gtst, r34 gtt, gtr, s13 k's, chukis, koukis, A31 cefiro C33 laurels .. you name it, we have it :yesnod

Anywho - is anyone out there able to tell me their experiences with BC 264 cams for the VCT SR20DET? I have just bought a set on special and was wondering how they go. I am aware that these are mass produced in a factory in China somewhere, but according to most reviews, they seem to make good power after 4000rpm whilst maintaining minimum loss of low end power.

They will be complementing a stock block SR20DET VCT with layered metal headgasket, GT2871R .64, 740cc injectors, Z32 AFM, extractors, 3" exhaust gear, tial 38mm /vented to atmosphere, etc, etc.

Any advice/dyno plots would be greatly appreciated. And please don't tell me to use the search function, I already have and want to know everything as of now. Not 2008 or 2009. Thanks :D

compactfean
Car: 89 240sx s13 sr gt3071r 23psi
B14 sentra ser sr20de-t 7psi
daily

I've used the 270 cams And wasnt very impressed with the upper end power. Granted this was a friends build and I was comparing it to my solid pivot tomei cams (smaller cam duration, larger lift) maybe the vvt will be more beneficial when it kicks in and changes the over lap but not sure. Keep us posted.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”