Battlefield: Bad Company 2

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

i haven't had enough time in the chopper to learn to fly it.

otterman

I've finally got this game figured out I think. I havn't been playing any fps on my PC in the past couple months so I've been sucking a**... but now I'm getting back into the swing of things.

otterman

Here's a pretty good tutorial for playing BC2 if you're one of those people who are too used to MW2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M

sbird1
Car: 2006 BMW 325i

Huh, I didn't know the back button was useful. I agree with the guy that you cant really just "sit in a stall or behind a fridge" in BC2 like people always do in MW2. Oh, and I just called in my first nuke the other day in MW2. I went 25-0 by sitting in the main building on "Derailed" running back and forth with an AA-12 with extended mags and the scavenger perk and shooting people out the windows with the a silenced TAR. I called in Harriers and used a Chopper Gunner. Then I went 25-0. It was awesome. Don't really know why I just went off on that tangent. Somebody pat me on the back or something.

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

This game is awesome

s13jus10
Car: '92 Nissan S13 Coupe

OMFG BATTLEFIELD, RELEASE ALREADY.

wa-chiss
Car: 1990 Nissan S13 H/C KA24E
2005 Toyota Sequoia
1976 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I've played the demo on the xbox. Seems like the graffics are great. Fire looks like fire, explosions deafen you, and they made sniping harder with bullet drop. I've gotten really efficient at the sniper rifle; gauging the drop to headshot for that 1 shot kill. I like how you have to release the scope button or press the trigger again to reload the bolt action rifle.

I think I had the neatest kill the other day. I was defending and 2 people on the attacking team always rode the ATV on the road near the water at the first base. Well, I started to snipe so I could use the C-4. I laid out all 3 C-4s in the road and went into the bushes to wait. Low and behold, they rode through again. This time they didn't get far. I blew them to smitherenes. I looked back towards the attakers base for a second and when I look at our construction building again, I noticed they had squad spawned at our base. I went to snipe one and as soon as I pulled the trigger, the other one lined up behind the one I was snipping and I got a 2 headshot kill with 1 bullet. I was laughing so hard. They never made it to our base on that side again no matter how hard they tried.

otterman

One more day. One more day. I'm gonna be on Steam at 12 tonight dling this.

s13jus10

midnight release tonight mu-fuggaaaaaaaaaazzzzz

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

30 minutes till Steam starts to download.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14&NR=1

This may be one of the best tutorial videos I have ever seen.

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

^ good video, i'm glad someone decided to tell the noobs how to play,

This game is pretty fun, i haven't tried online except for the demo, I'm working on the campaign, its awesome

Hijacker
'94 F-150

Steam downloads be slow as usual. I'm at 60% right now after 4 hours or so. So hopefully I'll get some playtime in today.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Played the campaign and some multiplayer last night - I am so happy. Last week I went through the old BC for fun, and this game has certianly taken the original BC up a notch and made it a world better. The Campaign has been fun, and multiplayer is even more of a blast than before (including the demo)....

Naturally, I picked Port Valdez as the first map to play...

Hijacker
'94 F-150

I love the new maps. I ended up in a port valdez rush as an 8v8. That was weird since I'm so used to it being double the troops. It was still fun.

The single player has been good so far, although I do wonder why Haggard keeps having these profound comment moments. It's way out of character for him (and don't spoil it if it's explained at the end, I'm not through yet).

I've seen a bunch of people on the Steam boards moan about the sound in the game. I don't know what they're talking about as this game has some of the best sounds I have ever heard. I especially love when you're plinking at someone from a decent range and you hear the clink of the shell casings hit the floor, and depending on what type of building you're in, they echo.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Hijacker wrote:I've seen a bunch of people on the Steam boards moan about the sound in the game. I don't know what they're talking about as this game has some of the best sounds I have ever heard. I especially love when you're plinking at someone from a decent range and you hear the clink of the shell casings hit the floor, and depending on what type of building you're in, they echo.
Maybe people have crappy computer speakers?

I can honestly say with certianty that this is the best sounding game ever. Anyone that gives the sound a poor review knows nothing about HDR audio.

snwbrdr435

Bump i love this game

Hijacker
'94 F-150

I'm only level 11. ALMOST 12. but I have topped out my medic kit, and now I'm working on Assault.

I think I mentioned this before, but my soldier's name is Hijacker. Send me a friend invite if you have the PC version!

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Hijacker wrote:I've seen a bunch of people on the Steam boards moan about the sound in the game. I don't know what they're talking about as this game has some of the best sounds I have ever heard. I especially love when you're plinking at someone from a decent range and you hear the clink of the shell casings hit the floor, and depending on what type of building you're in, they echo.
They're definitely all insane, and you are not alone:
RPS wrote:Other things support this: the sound work, for example, is masterful, and it sells the experience. There’s a moment in the first level where you walk into a submarine bay, and the submachine gun you’d been toting for the earlier parts, which had been vindictively spitting out bullets suddenly becomes a roaring monster of a weapon, each round sounding as if it’s fired from a medieval cannon. The acoustics, you see, they actually have an effect.

Hellicopters are deafening. The crack of a tank cannon is enough to pop the eardrums of anyone standing nearby. And that high-pitched ear-ringing aftershock of a grenade that just went off nearby is something you’ll have to become very, very used to. It’s not that the game is full of people lobbing grenades; it’s more that it’s full of enough people, lobbing enough grenades to have at least a few land near you each game.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.co...tions

snwbrdr435

I like running through Trees and brush, sounds awesome

s13jus10

I'm Level 19, about to be 20.

M60 w/ 4x scope and Marksman perk in Medic Class is PERFECT. I'm averaging about 4000 points per game, not including award points. I know BF is not all about K:D, but my best game was 56-20. I got like 18,000 total points that game lol.

My least favorite class is the Engineer, it's too hard to help out the team with only the Drill and RPG, and the guns suck bawls. Love Assault class.. gotta reload too often, but never running out of ammo is definitely FTW. About to unlock the M16

anyone else playing on PS3 besides me and Ceniack?

Hijacker
'94 F-150

Medic is by far my favorite class as well. Drop a health kit somewhere and rack up points. I hate playing with kids who don't realize they get a ton of points for rezzing me (I always seem to be made of paper in an FPS). My clan mate and I will take #1 and 2 by pushing for the cap points and rezzing each other continually.

So far I've topped out medic and a few rounds shy of topping out assault. Then I'm gonna work on engi (I want the dentist badge so bad. Headshot with an impact drill). Lastly finish up recon. I really dislike sniping.

s13jus10

I dislike sniping as well. Snipers make me laugh. if you're sniping, you'd better hope you kill me with your first shot, because if you miss, you're DONE.. it's sooo easy to spot out and kill snipers because they just stand still.

but one thing I love about this game is that you have the All-Kit guns to use on any class, so you don't have to use a sniper rifle in the Recon Class.. I like using either the SPAS12 or Saiga shotguns with .12gauge shells in the Recon Class for the Mortar Strike (great for anti-tank, and bringing down buildings on fools for Demolition kills).. also perfect to have the Motion Mines paired with a shotgun to know if anyone is close by for an easy kill.

^^I want to get The Dentist trophy too. don't use the Engineer Class enough to remember though lol. I love collecting dogtags from campers.. I have about 150 total dogtags, about 130 unique. I would have way more, but I went crazy when I found out you can kill people with the defibrillator heheh

snwbrdr435

Maxed out the recon class working on the medic cause i want the mg3

Hijacker
'94 F-150

I remember when I found out about defib kills in 2142. That made my day. I always loved wondering if the poor sucker who's heart I just stopped was thinking "Dammit! Killed by a defib?!"

I hate how knifing is done in this game. It's too slow. I've been killed due to latency when I clearly show a knife kill on my screen, but the server registers the bullet hits on me first. In fact, I had this happen yesterday. I knifed some kid, watched the knife sink into him, but he killed me with a lucky headshot from his LMG. I didn't see a "you killed so and so" message, but his dogtags appeared on screen when I respawned. Go figure.

snwbrdr435

^ You probably did get the kill, I have shot killed many people just to have a bullet hit me after they went down.

otterman

On PC

s13jus10

otterman wrote:
On PC
s13jus10 wrote:..but my best game was 56-20. I got like 18,000 total points that game lol.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

well...I just dropped the change for it on PC...we'll see how it runs on my system.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

James, send me a friend request to 'Hijacker' We'll go pwn some faces

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

aight.

I'll try and remember next time I fire it up

I'm DevastationJames on it

Return to “Gaming”