battle of the springs {+ Struts}

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
ESPER

wsup,

i was just wondering which springs would work best for a s14??

1. Tanabe super down precedo2. Eibach3. Whiteline4. Tein (whcih ones??)

and how well do each of these work with the stock strutsand how well do each of these work with KYB AGX's

??

thanks!!

fliprayzin240sx
Car: 97 240sx w/S13 SR20--RIP
93 S14 Silvia w/ S15 Spec R SR20--RIP
95 240sx kouki convert RB25det

I have a 97 with sportlines and Tokico shocks. Eibach claim 1.75 inches drop but i know for damn sure the front dropped more than that...more like 2.25 inches. But i still think theres still some of the dreaded wheel gap up front. My boy just put in Tanabe's on his 95. Imma let you know how it look when i see it. He thinks its lower than the sportlines but he hasnt measured it. As for the stock shocks. Mine pretty much went bad after bout a month of running with it. I say when you buy springs...replace the stock shocks too. itll save you the hassle

ESPER

oh ok, how is your ride?? i am more concerned with handling than comfort, so if u could give me a comparison of the sportlines vs. the tanabe that would be great!! also, what about whiteline springs anyone?? they seem to know what they are talking about!! their springs work well with the stock struts they say, because other springs will cause the car to bottom out.

but then , will the whitelines still be as good as the other springs when they are paired with aftermarket shocks??

(and by good, i mean handle better, NOT comfort!)

IvanS13
Car: *** & Titties

Eibach, IMO, is the best out of that set.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

If you have the money, get coilovers.

ESPER

yeah coiloevers, i wish.. hehe i was seriously considering, but as of now i just want stiffer suspension... and since i am new to cars, i dont want to fiddle with my suspension often, like camber, etc. till i am 100% sure. so i want to get some springs that will be stiffer and will work with my stock struts for a bit. then i will get KYB's later and then after a year or so, i will get coilovers..

Aspec0002
Car: cars, soccer, paintball

i got the tanabe's. i love 'em. my friend and i both have s14s mine a 95 and his a 96 we both have them and i dont think i would ever trade em except for maybe those new shiny beautiful tein coilovers. but hey my tanabe's ride great and make the car look so much better. thats my .02

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

well i posted a question the other day over Sportlines vs. Tein S-Techs and every1 said teins would handle better but would be "like riding on the floor" so yeah, those are the only two springs im considering.

-Dan

TommyyJ

how much of drop are the tein springs? anyone have em installed on their car?

ESPER

what are the tein types s ?? i only see taper, and twin and straight type in their site.. by the way, anyone buy any of these??

also, what do each of these springs really have unique about them and what is the recomended rate to get each one for a s14?? thanks!!

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”