battery replacement under warranty?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
lou from ny

hi all, thanks in advance for any help. i tried searching and didn't find anything...

i have a '15 rogue that doesn't get driven much. i bought a battery in dec. 20 from the parts counter which was found to be defective and replaced 4-22-21. fast forward to today. battery won't accept a trickle charge, nissan says it is indeed bad not getting past 425 CCA on their equipment. they say the original dec date is the date they use, not april. if it was april, they MIGHT be able to do something...they are calling corporate to see policy Monday, but think that the 84 month pro-rated warranty is only if they install the battery. since i did it, i only get 2 years. this just doesn't sound right on a few levels. why buy a better battery? i bought top of the line to avoid this exact issue.

am i wrong? should they pro-rate? should i get a new replacement battery no charge? it's just under 2 years since i got this new one.

thanks!

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

It’s not 84 month warranty just because you installed it?

There’s one word for that policy.

Stupid!

I’d fight it

:slap:

lou from ny

i don't know what their response it yet. i'll know monday. any suggestions as to how to fight it?

DerrickOlley
Car: 2017 Nissan LEAF

lou from ny wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:07 am
hi all, thanks in advance for any help. i tried searching and didn't find anything...

i have a '15 rogue that doesn't get driven much. i bought a battery in dec. 20 from the parts counter which was found to be defective and replaced 4-22-21. fast forward to today. battery won't accept a trickle charge, nissan says it is indeed bad not getting past 425 CCA on their equipment. they say the original dec date is the date they use, not april.Check it out. If it was april, they MIGHT be able to do something...they are calling corporate to see policy Monday, but think that the 84 month pro-rated warranty is only if they install the battery. since i did it, i only get 2 years. this just doesn't sound right on a few levels. why buy a better battery? i bought top of the line to avoid this exact issue.

am i wrong? should they pro-rate? should i get a new replacement battery no charge? it's just under 2 years since i got this new one.

thanks!
I think you should restore everything under warranty! But if they do not restore it can be challenged in the relevant institutions! But you still need to look at the legal features of this guarantee!

lou from ny

Kings nissan said if i paid $75 for them to install the battery it would have been covered. Since I know red=positive and black = negative and righty tightey, lefty loosey, i'm out of luck. they also have the nerve to charge $55 to install wiper blades if anyone needs this service and can't do it themselves. i fully understand, some aren't mechanically inclined. others may not be able to lift a heavy battery. but this policy is outrageous in my opinion. you are warrantying a part. who cares who installs it? it's more corporate greed.

i have the phone number from corporate, but i'm sure it won't do anything. i asked if this was the policy when i bought the battery and the service advisor couldn't answer.

if anyone has any suggestions, i'm all ears. thanks for listening to my rant!

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Bust out the receipt and tell them you want a refund.

Call the police saying the dealership won’t give you a refund. Cause a scene.

Take them to small claims court. File a few fees.

Lose in court, but the dealership paying hundreds or thousand in lawyer fees, they end up paying more for this battery in the end. If you’re lucky, you might even win.

All for principle, because it just didn’t sound right. Personally it’ll make me sleep better at night.

Or just buy a new battery at your local auto store, they would probably do you justice unlike Nissan.

lou from ny

casper, i like your style. i WILL go to my local repair guy and buy a new battery and get a good service done while i plan my next move.

Return to “Rogue Forum”