battery removal 2010 ex35

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
timbro

I have a 2010 EX35 Journey. When I went for an oil change they said my battery is low so I need to charge it. However I live in an apartment building so I have to remove the battery to charge it inside. I am wondering if there are any consequences to removing the battery aside from losing the radio settings and having to reset the power windows? I'm mostly concerned will there be any security issues like the radio not working or anything like that once the battery is reinstalled?

XIS
Car: 08 EX35 RWD
17 QX30 Sport

nothing to worry about related to having the battery out. just little things like your clock... It will also re-set your ECU (not a bad thing) I don't even think it messed with my radio at all.

DHackRSX

Something you should know about removing the battery: You'll likely need to remove the lining in front of the battery and the windshield trim at the bottom of the windshield. It's easy, you just remove the clips and pop it all off. The windshield trim has a rubber piece that has a non-clip t-retainer towards the edge of the windshield. You'll see it.

I wasn't able to get my battery out without removing all of this. It doesn't take long and it's easy, it just takes a little longer than if you had to loosen the terminals and remove the battery.

A battery jump box would tide you over until nicer weather and would be easier than removing the battery to charge it,

Let me know if you have questions about removing the battery.

D

timbro

DHackRSX wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:18 pm
Something you should know about removing the battery: You'll likely need to remove the lining in front of the battery and the windshield trim at the bottom of the windshield. It's easy, you just remove the clips and pop it all off. The windshield trim has a rubber piece that has a non-clip t-retainer towards the edge of the windshield. You'll see it.

I wasn't able to get my battery out without removing all of this. It doesn't take long and it's easy, it just takes a little longer than if you had to loosen the terminals and remove the battery.

A battery jump box would tide you over until nicer weather and would be easier than removing the battery to charge it,

Let me know if you have questions about removing the battery.

D
Every went OK mostly. Turns out the battery was fine. Where I live is bloody cold (-25c at the time) and I think I had all the seat warmers and defroster and blower all maxed out at the same time just before I took the car there.

1 issue I lost one of the 2 plastic clips on the windshield trim piece. I am having trouble locating the part number. I found some on amazon but im not sure if its the correct one. 01553-09321

https://www.amazon.com/AFA-Pcs-Nissan-R ... initi+clip

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”