Battery relocation to trunk

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
BoostAddict

Does anyone know if someone sells a kit with all the stuff I would need to relocate the battery to the trunk?

Also, has anyone posted an install guide for this, couldn't find anything on search?

SpeedingMonk
Car: drifting, nissans, and keeping all other cars behind me

ive never hurd ov a "kit" for that. all i ammagine it would have is braces / cables

its not going to do verry much at all thats y theres no "kits" or "install guides" come to think ov it all it does is move 25 lbs to the trunk and increase ur odds ov shorting the battery

BoostAddict

FYI, i did find a kit at heavythrottle.com. I'm not sure whats in it yet.

I was going to relocate it so I can do the short intake setup. I don't think I have to relocate the battery to the trunk, but why not? Moving it elsewhere under the hood or into the trunk should have the same chances of shorting the battery.

GoofyATX240

It doesnt increase the chance of it shortening out.Some people relocate for the intercooler piping and giving them more room same thing im doing.Summit has the boxes and stuff you need for it also.

clearview

summit racing sell a kit. sum-g1200a in black sum-g1199 red $42.95

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

25 pounds doesn't sound like much... but remember, you net a total of 50 pounds in the relocation. 25 added to the rear... plus 25 taken away from the front. I've heard of several people doing it.... and all the modified racers in the circuit I run in have it done... it's required once you get into the higher classes.... as is an internal fuel cell.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”