Battery Issues?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

Hey All,
I have a 2012 M56S with just under 22,000 miles. The battery has always seemed "weak". Not too long ago, it sat for 4 days, and the battery was dead when I went to go drive it. Last Friday night, I came home and parked it in the garage as normal. I typically don't drive on the weekends; if we go anywhere, we take the girlfriend's car. This morning, I went to leave for work, and it turned over, but did not have enough juice to start. Needless to say, I was a little pissed, and had to drive her car to work.

I remember with my old 2006 M45, when the battery was starting to go south, it would act the same way. It seems to me that Infiniti batteries are typically "on the bubble" of being adequate for the intended purpose. I know others have experienced this issue; what did you guys do?

The car is sitting on a trickle charger right now. I do have a digital battery load tester, so I plan on testing the battery when I get home, and document my findings for the Dealer.

I suppose I could get Infiniti to replace it under warranty, but to me that just seems to prolong the inevitable of getting a decent battery for the car. I am okay with that, might as well have them take care of it until it is out of warranty, right?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

That seems unusually quick for even a Nissan battery - I tended to get at least 4+ 5 years on my car from them! I'd push for a complete no-charge replacement under warranty and see how long it lasts.

Although it would also be good to see if something is draining the battery in your car too, when it sits. I have left mine for lot longer periods (couple of weeks) without any starting issues.

This last time that I did a change, though, I went for a top Interstate ... I forget when I got it (have the records somewhere) but it is still doing well.

Z

RunLevelZero
Car: M37 Malbec Black

SmoovC wrote:Hey All,
I have a 2012 M56S with just under 22,000 miles. The battery has always seemed "weak". Not too long ago, it sat for 4 days, and the battery was dead when I went to go drive it. Last Friday night, I came home and parked it in the garage as normal. I typically don't drive on the weekends; if we go anywhere, we take the girlfriend's car. This morning, I went to leave for work, and it turned over, but did not have enough juice to start. Needless to say, I was a little pissed, and had to drive her car to work.

I remember with my old 2006 M45, when the battery was starting to go south, it would act the same way. It seems to me that Infiniti batteries are typically "on the bubble" of being adequate for the intended purpose. I know others have experienced this issue; what did you guys do?

The car is sitting on a trickle charger right now. I do have a digital battery load tester, so I plan on testing the battery when I get home, and document my findings for the Dealer.

I suppose I could get Infiniti to replace it under warranty, but to me that just seems to prolong the inevitable of getting a decent battery for the car. I am okay with that, might as well have them take care of it until it is out of warranty, right?
The only thing that I am aware of is when you have a key fob within a certain distance from the car. It will drain the battery because they are constantly talking and sending signals to each other. I think it's within 9 or 10 feet but don't quote me on that. I was worried when I went back home about the same thing. My sister was graduating and there was no way I am leaving my car at the airport for 7 days. When I came home, first thing I did was hop in and it started right up. I made sure the key fob was not close at all. On another note, I have a 2011 m37 and had an oil change today. they replaced my battery under warranty. I was very pleased. My dealer did the best they could to fix my concerns with the car, namely bluetooth phone sucks bigtime. they gave me a new mic and software update. my audio streams great via bluetooth now but voice calls still suck. Anyways, see if you have a key fob close by and if so, move it away. Infiniti should replace your batter if your under warranty.

Bondospecial
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37X
2000 BMW M5
1986 Porsche 928S
1999 Chevy C1500

I had read about supposed battery issues w/ the M, but my car still has the original battery at 43k miles. If/when the battery dies though I am going to be tempted to replace the lead acid battery with an AGM. I was surprised to see such an expensive car had a regular screw cap top lead acid battery in it.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”