Battery draining

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Datboiiisheed

OK ive been looking on other forums and no one was really explaining what the problem is.
I have a 93 nissan 300zx and my battery keeps draining.I put a brand new battery in it the altanator is fine. The car start and drive once jumpstarted and can shut it on and turn it right back on but once I park it and its sitting for about a hour I go back and check and the battery is slowly draining until it is dead again nd needs another jump. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

It can literally be an issue in hundreds of places, there is no way to tell without chasing the issue. Get a multi-meter that shows amps, place it in line with your batter and start pulling fuses one by one until you see the amperage drop, once you've isolated the system that is causing the drain you'll have to use the FSM (see my sig) to trace the wiring. If you're lucky it'll be a sticking relay or internal damage in the radio, if you're not you'll be rerunning wires.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”