Battery Connectors

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Anand

Have anyone of you had a problem with the red battery connectors??? I am having problem with that and the shop keeps telling me that it is a common thing with Nissan!! I would need to get a new one from Nissan and they can put it on for me. That is what was causing my alternator to go bad in the first place and then this last time the connector was not even touching the battery and so it was like the alternatot was not hooked up to the battery. They showed it to me and my connectors are bad. I just want to know if anyone else has heard of this problem...

AunVoh

i have never had that problem, i've had 2 240's, but your connectors can go bad anytime, it's not just a nissan thing, you should be able to do it yourself, and while your at it, you could just get a trunk mount kit, :D

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Never heard of that problem. Haven't had anyproblems with alt or battery--except one shop forgot to tighten the negative down one time.

KwayKer
Car: My car, video games, sports

my red connector corroded (sp?) and fell apart, but I believe it was due to the fact that I constantly was taking it off and on for my stereo installation. Shop charged me $20 for a new one, including installation. My car wouldn't start, and they fixed the positive terminal, haven't had a problem since.

Xeromist
Car: Cars, Music, Computers

My negative terminal was making a bad connection with the battery. I kept poping my hood to find it had popped loose. I just cleaned off the connector, bent it a little, tightend it down, and I haven't had a problem since.

juazam_186
Car: Cars & Computers

Black 240,I have had zero prob's with my positive terminal cabling.But, if you have a "little-bit" of mechanical ability, you should be able to replace the cable yourself. You'll have the satisfaction of working and fixing your own car and saving $$$$. Good Luck.:xfingers

nissanz240
Car: cars

i had the same problem with mine...i thought my alternator had went bad...got it tested at advance and it was reading negative amps...jumped it again...took it home...cleaned the connectors and retightened them...checked all my ground wires and alternator wires...and it starts up and runs fine now...i'm glad thats all it was...but good look...hope you only have to do that...

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”