Battery and Alternator Lights!! Need help please!!!

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Budmanmike
Car: 2008 Nissan Quest

Hello, i am posting to see if anyone could help me out. My wife has a 2008 nissan quest. We have had alternator and battery issues before. She was driving it home a couple of weeks ago and the battery and brake light came on and then went off. After a few minutes both came back on again and flickered before going off. We took her van to our home mechanic and he looked it over and checked both the battery and alternator and passed just fine. We got it back and I drove it this weekend and the lights came back on again and then went off. When they do we do not lose any power driving and it doesn't drive any different. I have been all over the engine compartment and can not find a single loose wire and all the ones connected to the alternator and battery seem to be secure and tight.

Is there any where else that i could look to try to find the issue and what may be causing this to happen. I am about at my whits end because i am not a mechanic but can usually fix cars issues with our cars and my wife really wants her van back so my daughter can have her car back. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The internal regulators on Nissan alternators often go "in and out" before they fail completely, so passing a parts store or shop test doesn't necessarily mean the alternator is good. To be sure, you need to catch it in the act and see the actual output voltage with the lamp lit. However, based on experience, I'd say it's about 95% likely the alternator is causing your issue.

Return to “Quest Forum”