Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
- Posts: 1110
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:37 pm
- Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)
Is there any difference in the build quality of the base 17" wheels versus the sport 17" wheels? I've heard the sport wheels are heavier... but does that mean they're stronger? Are either of them forged?
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:48 am
I would assume that forged would make the better one lighter. Or am I mistaken?
- Posts: 14365
- Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:19 am
- Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl
Only the factory knows for sure via destructive testing to failure.http://www.smithersscientific....g.pdfhttp://www.kinesismotorsport.com/carerace.htmhttp://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/racewheels.htmhttp://www-iwse.eng.ohio-state...0.htm
Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”