Base Model Radio Problem

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
droopy170
Car: 08 Rogue S Indigo Blue

To get tolerable sound from the radio, treble has to be maxed at +5, bass has to be minimized at -5. CD and MP3 sound good on the system at "normal" type settings, it is just the radio that sucks. Brought it to the dealer and service tech says they can find no problem. I tried to check a radio in another vehicle but dealer does not have any Rogues with base stereo. 3 independant installers, including a dealer reccomended one, the service manager and 2 salesman say they have never seen anything like this. Dealer people won't say anything is wrong however till it can be checked against another base radio. Has anyone else had this issue or problems with a Nissan radio? I realize that MP3 and CD will sound better than FM but this is extreame. Also I noticed that the Bose Equiped Rogues seem to have a different anntenna. Would that be to do with the XM? Would appreciate any input. By the way this seems to be a great site and I am glad to have found it. Dave

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

The manual says to remove the antenna when going through a car wash. The photo of the antenna shows an adjustable unit. Mine with the XM radio does not adjust. They must use different antennas. I can unscrew mine and remove it but i'm guessing the removal instruction refers to the adjustable one. Anyone know for sure?

sckeith
Car: 2017 Versa Note SL, Red

Those settings seem extreme I play MP3 CDs, regular CDs, MP3 player and a Satellite radio and never adjust tone which is flat. The AM radio sounds like AM and FM is highly compressed but I don't have complaints with the radio. Purhaps you got a bad one

lozen13

You guys do know that you should have the other antenna in your golve box.

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

lozen13, what do you mean by "other antenna"? Should there be two types?

droopy170

Oh I agree they are extreme, but for FM radio to sound bearable that's what I have to do. MP3 player and CD are just fine at more normal settings ie Treble 4-5+ and bass 3-5+.

Droopy

lozen13

bill875 wrote:lozen13, what do you mean by "other antenna"? Should there be two types?
Check your glove box I have two antenna's maybe a spare??

droopy170

just one antennae for me.

dave

Return to “Rogue Forum”