Bad Injector?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
NICONick
Car: 1993 S13

OK, so out of nowhere when I started my car yesterday I noticed a little shaking going on. My shifter was shaking and I popped the hood and the motor was shaking as well. Decided to take it for a test drive, and there was a considerable power loss, first this I thought was injector. So, I took it home, popped the hood and pulled the spark plug wires individually to see which one yielded no change in idle. Cyl #3.

Do you guys think that its the injector?

Anyone have a good injector laying around? (KA24DE)

comatoseculture
Car: 1990 240SX coupe. Currently running on Megasquirt.

There is an easy and inexpensive way to determine injector error. Using a multimeter (I bought one for about $30 at sears/kmart just last week for this very reason...) Ohm out the injectors one at a time. (meter set to ohm range) disconnect the harness at each injector and place one probe on one lead each (on the injector, where the connector was covering) and write down what you find. You'll be looking for the 3rd cylinder reading to be nowhere near the other 3 cylinders readings. Ex: 1-12ohm 2-12ohm 3-135ohm 4-13ohm.

May not be very easy to understand, but I hope this helps...

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Most likely, it's a bad injector. I have one for sale.

SR24DET
Car: RMS13

Well if you pulled each spark plug and you know its missfireing in that one cylinder, you could always go through the hassel of swiching the injector with 1 from a different cylinder. That will let you know 100%. But if you have the money, just buy a new one. It sounds like an injector to me.

NICONick

94_240sx wrote:Most likely, it's a bad injector. I have one for sale.
How much? Or you may redirect me to your thread listing the injector for sale. Or for quicker response please contact me via AIM AF Slacker. Thanks.

NICONick

How about that injector? Anyone got one lying around? Or good place to buy one.

I replaced the cyl #3 one a while back but I was with a used one. Could this just be. Coincidence or could there be another underlying problem?

Need an injector!!

NICONick

Dove a little further into the situation. Found out it definitely is the injector.

Does anyone have a spare? Or one for sale?

Where would be the best place to get one otherwise?

Mike3435
Car: 93 240sx s13 hatch

Can some one help me I'm having trouble getting my car running . So I swapped my 93 with a 95 ka and everything is wired correctly it gets fuel and spark but wouldn't start it just cranks so I pulled out the fuel rail and turned the key to see if it spits gas and it didn't so I guess it was a rare occasion where they are all bad so I bought some injectors used of a guy and put it all together and it ran fine and the next day it wouldn't start is there a reason why the injectors keep going bad can some one help me with this ?

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Do you know if you have fuel pressure? Get a pressure gauge and check it. If the gas is old, drain the tank and put in fresh gas. Ethanol is a b**** to deal with once it gets too old. Also, make sure the fuel filter is fresh. If the ethanol is old and gelled, it could be clogging the filter.

Mike3435
Car: 93 240sx s13 hatch

Hijacker wrote:Do you know if you have fuel pressure? Get a pressure gauge and check it. If the gas is old, drain the tank and put in fresh gas. Ethanol is a b**** to deal with once it gets too old. Also, make sure the fuel filter is fresh. If the ethanol is old and gelled, it could be clogging the filter.
Yea it has fuel preasure the gas gets to the rail fine. It was working fine it started and idled fine the only problem it had was when I give it gas it would want to die so I'm guessing it's the MAF cause I unplugged it and did nothing. But the next day the car didn't want to start anymore cause of the injectors this happened to me twice what keeps cause all the injectors not to work

240kc
Car: 1989 240sx fastback
1992 240sx convertible
1993 240sx fastback

yes it sounds a bad injector. you can still have ohms and be bad injector. replace it.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”