Bad Habit

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

Hello,Maybe it's just me. I have a habit of punching it when I am first at a stoplight. Almost always leaving others behind just barely even moving like a bunch of tractors plowing a field. Is there something wrong with me or is this expected out of G drivers. I'm not a big speeder and I don't mark the pavement. :icesangel I just like to get to 60 mph quickly. Brothers & sisters I'm just having way too much fun. Kev...:ylsuper

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I see no problems. It must be something with all infiniti owners, because I do it as welll!!!

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have been known to gun it at the light every once in awhile. Especially when the weather is nice after it's been cold out. And after I watch Motor Week or some of those shows when they are always testing cars out on a track. Damn, I wish I had that job.

But, I have noticed that alot of other G drivers do that too. It's not just you.

GeeThreeFive

Always, especially if some ricer is next to you. I love to punch it anytime I have any distance in front of me. With the price of gas in Calif. ($2.13 gal.) I try to refrain. But the sound of the exhaust is music to my ears.There is nothing wrong with you, you just have the G bug.

spot

hell...i do that all the time in my WRX. it is quite habit forming....

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Bah, that's why we own fast cars. Enjoy!

g35driver

Yep got the G bug. I keep telling my wife "got to keep those fuel injectors cleaned out" as our heads are pressed against the headrest. Every now and then my wife lets my mother-in-law drive my car & she gets the bug too. Mom, Pop, wife and me are in the car one day and she guns it. I would have to admit, it feels very strange reclined in the back seat with you mother-in-law driving your car like that. All four of us start laughing as she reaches the appropriate speed. She's one cool granny that would pass you instead of holding up the flow of traffic. When I ride with her in her car (Acura RL) she doesn't drive her car that way. I’m sure it just not the same. The only seat she feels comfortable in the G is the driver's seat. That's strange that's my favorite seat too.Kev…

Mayor_Daley

I agree with you on this one. Especially driving in a place like Chicago, where there are stop signs every block, it's the only way to get to where you're going in a reasonable amount of time.I'm still breaking mine in, but the need to jump off the line is there every time I'm at a stop. How can you not want to do that with a car like this?

rydwhite

Nice name there Mr. Mayor. Welcome to Nico.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I have this "floor it from the light" bad habit in my M45 ... :D

Just keep an eye for police at the same light behind you! One time, I shot out from a light and as I passed 40mph or so, saw one behind me (one car in between) and slowed down the launch just in time! Scared me silly for a little while. Whew!

Z

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

a lot of drivers do it period, it's always funny when it's on a two lane and the person next to you does it as well, only to find out you have more power than them.

I think there's a technical term for it...

Scorch

owned?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Also forgot to mention: be careful of red light runners from the other directions!

Z

g35driver

I was driving in SC on vacation last summer and did it at a light there was a police officer that saw me in a parking light at a store. He quickly pulled out to see if I was going to keep accelerating above the posted speed. Nope saw him so I stayed within the limit no more than 5 over. I didn't see a single G35 on the whole trip. Does Myrtle Beach even have an Infiniti dealership?Kev...

YSWEATME
Car: Infiniti FX 35 Sport Package, Honda Accord EX, Ford Mustang GT, Honda CBR 600 F4

I know this thread is a few days old, but I just had to chime in. I drive an FX 35 and I must say that I have the same "bad habits" that the rest of you guys have.

Why is it that the bad habits feel so good, though? :confused:

rydwhite

Power and speed make everyone feel good. There's nothing bad about it.

Forte
Car: Car, Motorcycles, Tuning

Rock on bro:ylsuper

fshrmn

I do this on occasion myself. I do get a kick out of people posting about bad gas mileage, short brake life, and short tire life though. Usually all of these things result from this aggressive driving. Not knocking it, I do it quite a bit.....but I am trying to refrain so that I don't have to replace any parts before their time is up.

Fshrmn

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”