Backwards Seat Belt?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
jrichardson

So after I'm driving my new 2001 Q45T (I don't get to do this too much cause my wife is always driving it) I notice that the seatbelt on the drivers side is backwards. It appears that the metal piece on the belt that slides is on backwards...so that the belt is actually twisted when you have it on. How do I 'untwist' that metal pieces. I tried twisting it, and it is really tight. Any tricks to this, or just a brute force does it?

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

This used to happen to me on a Toyota truck that I owned. As you pull the seat buckle down from above your left shoulder the strap begins to fold over on itself and as you pull down on the buckle the fold gets wider and wider until it unfolds and the buckle is reversed.

Try the same steps to get the buckle reversed. Fold the belt just below the buckle. Holding the strap above the buckle, pull down on the buckle and make the strap fold get wider and wider until it reverses itself on the buckle.

It's hard to write this down on paper but hopefully you get the gist of how it works. Good luck.

jamesmost
Car: "95Qmodded, Benz wagon 4matic , 1986 MB 560sec

thats the way to do it

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Buckle tongue faces out.

jrichardson

Thanks for all the responses. From this evidence, it appears that alot of us have had this experience. I'll give it a try tonight.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”