Back up parking camera help please

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Sandman799
Car: 2010 Bronze Nissan Murano LE
2014 Black Chevy Camaro 2LS
2002 Red/Silver Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT

I have had a reverse back up camera that’s not working for a while now, it stopped working when it got really cold one day and we had a lot of snow, and when it warmed up it worked again and then a few weeks later it stopped working again and hasn’t worked since, I just get a black screen in reverse, I don’t even get the colored guide lines, just a blank black screen and the please look behind before backing up message, there are no codes and no errors, I did the code scanner and the hidden service menu and there’s no codes there either, and it shows everything is working properly in the diagnostics scans, although when I do one test that checks the steer angle sensor, reverse sensor, speed sensor, and side view switch, when I run the test it doesn’t come back with a result, just dash marks where the test results would be, so I don’t know what that means, I have tried to check the wiring and I pulled the head unit and unplugged and replugged everything and then checked the camera wiring and it’s solid and plugged in good, also my back up or reverse lights work fine and have no issues, I thought maybe it could be the camera control module (anyone know where you can find the camera control module?) because the lack of the back up guide lines which come from the controller not the camera, right? It’s weird that it quit working and then started working for a short time again and then quit again and hasn’t worked since...

Anyway if anyone can help I’d appreciate it, like I said I did the code scanner and self diagnostics in the hidden service menu and no codes or errors and everything else is working great, my wife really would love to have her Murano back up camera working again if possible so any help will be appreciated a ton

BC

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

There is a Factory Service Manual available for free download under the Service Manual tab at the top of the page. Just download the section you need and it will show you the location of your module and it also has a trouble shooting section. Hope this helps.

Ken

Return to “Murano Forum”